People could just install all the mods manually inside tekkit in there mods folder if they wanted a proper fully textured spahx.
am i wrong?
To install on windows and mac(Use mac compatible archiving software)
1. Download The Texture pack(Either Resolution)
2. Download the addon pack(Same resolution you chose for the TP)
3. Use 7-zip or Win-Zip preferably 7-zip to open the TP and Addon
4 Drag files from Addon into TP
5. Load Minecraft. Win
NOTE this pack is for technic 6 NOT technic 7
I did this exact thing but when I open Technic and go to the textures page, it only shows the default texture. Help?
I cant quite remember but I have a feeling that technic and tekkit have a separate texture pack folder. It should be located with the rest of their files if you search for it.
Bare in mind I could be completely wrong.
I tried using this pack for Technic 6 but there is problems with some blocks.
I think it's because this pack uses the textures for the latest versions of all the mods within the Technic pack. Problem is the Technic 6 version don't use the last versions of all mods. For example railcraft 3.something is used in it whereas it's the railcraft 5.something texture that are in this texture.
As a result, here are the blocks that have problem in my version :
- railcraft not working at all (default textures)
- solar arrays broken (some sides are invisibles)
- advanced machines are invisible
- some blocks from forestry are invisible too (bees)
- lots of thaumcrat blocks and items not working (default texture) : Technic 6 use Thaumcraft while this texture pack use Thaumcraft 2 textures.
I tried looking for previous versions of railcraft texture for example but in vain so I don't really know how to fix this.
Guess we'll have to wait the Technic 7 to be official for all the textures to match the good mod version (or use the technic 7 now but all mods are not in it yet).
Ok so I managed to solve a few issues for Technic 6 :
- railcraft : the folder is wrong and that's why it's not working. Instead of "railcraft\textures\" it has to be "textures\" directly in the root of the texture zip.
- advanced machines and solar arrays : it seems that the version technic 6 uses takes the textures for those in the "ic2\sprites\block_0.png" instead of "ic2\sprites\block_advmachine.png" so you have to edit the block_0.png to add the textures for those machines back (in the current texture pack, those textures are transparent). Also, the GUI for the 3 advanced machines need to be at the root of the texture zip to work.
- forestry : the version of texture pack and mod don't match. 2 files need to be edited (or replaced by the vanilla ones) if you don't want to have invisible items : "gfx\items\bees.png" and "gfx\items\items.png" (more bees and items in the technic 6 version of forestry than in the texture pack).
- thaumcraft : thaumcraft 1 and 2 seems to be completely different so unless you can find a thaumcraft 1 version of Sphax Mod, it won't be possible to have the mod textured until Technic 7 (witch use thaumcraft 2).
I hope it will help people finding temporary solutions and the OP to fix a few of them (the railcraft one is really easy for example)
How do you patch the texture pack with mc patcher because when i do it crashes?
tekkit is better for multiplayer, technic single player
The texture pack needs to be updated so it works with Technic 7.2 because at the moment, most of the IC2 machines look like snow blocks.
I can't see the box on the side where you can search for item recipes and things as such does anyone have any ideas on how to get it?
I could get it when I was in small screen but now it won't come up at all
How do I get it back?
You don't patch it with MCPatcher. MCPatcher is for modding Minecraft. Also, don't use MCPatcher to install mods to Technic, or anything that uses Forge for that matter. MCPatcher edits something like 6 base classes that Forge also edits, even if you tell it not to do anything. (In short, MCPatcher is incompatible with Forge, period)
You need to go into the texture pack you want to add stuff to, open the patch you want to add, and drag all files and folders into the main pack manually.