The BDcraft forum has migrated.
You are currently browsing the Archived BDcraft Forum.
To post a new topic, comment or patch, let's go to the new forum: BDcraft Community Forums

X1024 BDCraft

12 replies [Last post]
ilovepats2000's picture
ilovepats2000
I like to comment everythingI love to post here

A X1024 BDCraft Texturepack would be interesting for those who have a super computer... I don't think even MCPatcher supports that.

-ilovepats2000

Comments

Sphax's picture
Sphax
I am the AdministratorI released a major BDcraft patchI love galleriesI searched for an answer myselfThe Cake is a lieI explored bdcraft websiteI like to comment everythingI love to post here

It's just impossible to create (with my computer) and to use (with any computer for Minecraft)

Have you tried Cubik? That's the first powerful and easy to use tool for 3D Modeling Meshes with some Cubes and Planes which can export for Minecraft ResourcePacks and Wavefront OBJ. Winking

Tobelebo9's picture
Tobelebo9
I explored bdcraft websiteI like to comment everythingI love to post here

That would mean one block will have a higher resolution than most youtube videos.

I... need... more... CAWFEEE!

dd123c5's picture
dd123c5

so are you saying that i have a super computer its only an alienwear and i made a custom 1024 pack Tongue its cool but its a waist of memory

Samastrike's picture
Samastrike
I searched for an answer myselfI explored bdcraft websiteI like to comment everything

You literally would need a supercomputer to run a world full of 1024x res blocks and about 16GB or more memory dedicated to minecraft alone. That and the fact that mcpatcher doesnt support that resolution should be enough to discourage you from even considering this.

Zernicalo's picture
Zernicalo
I released a major BDcraft patchI searched for an answer myselfThe Cake is a lieI explored bdcraft websiteI like to comment everythingI love to post here

It's not just RAM, java works more with the CPU, then think that if a chunck (FLAT) are approx 30x30 blocks, and charge about 10 chunk when you appear in the world.
Then be approximately 9000 blocks, at a resolution that is already considered HD, (1024) need a processor that can move that.
Closest thing I've seen, has been with a partner who has a graphic design company, he know programming in java and did a couple of test blocks in 1024 (in terrain and made ​​a he's made a texture pack), and we test in one of the computers in his company who wore a Intel Xeon E7, one of the best processors for graphics applications (with 16G of ram forced to java), at flat worked fine, but put a normal map going saturated, sometimes goes well but if you started in a forest full of trees and mountains slow a lot.

Sorry about the comment so long, and my English that sure to be something bad writing: P

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/xxror.png)

Sphax's picture
Sphax
I am the AdministratorI released a major BDcraft patchI love galleriesI searched for an answer myselfThe Cake is a lieI explored bdcraft websiteI like to comment everythingI love to post here

1024x could be possible if Minecraft doesn't work with a sprite sheet for terrain and items but with separated textures (like what most 3D games do).

With a texture in 1024x1024, the sprite sheet (terrain.png and items.png) would become 16384x16384px... No graphic card can handle this resolution for a single texture...

Also, even with 1024x1024 textures, the game would need to be optimized to not apply this resolution to blocks placed far away from player (what most 3D games do too for optimizations. Winking )

Have you tried Cubik? That's the first powerful and easy to use tool for 3D Modeling Meshes with some Cubes and Planes which can export for Minecraft ResourcePacks and Wavefront OBJ. Winking

SPARKST3R's picture
SPARKST3R
I released a major BDcraft patchI am a Top ContributorI searched for an answer myselfThe Cake is a lieI explored bdcraft websiteI like to comment everythingI love to post here

Sphax wrote:

With a texture in 1024x1024, the sprite sheet (terrain.png and items.png) would become 16384x16384px... No graphic card can handle this resolution for a single

I nearly fried my GPU with 512x nevermind 1024x Tongue
My computer just about copes with 8192x8192 in photoshop making those textures 1024x would be nearly imposible

I make sphax tutorials once in a blue moon

- Textures like a monkey with a typewriter

Samastrike's picture
Samastrike
I searched for an answer myselfI explored bdcraft websiteI like to comment everything

I saw somewhere that minecraft 1.5 will change the texture layout to use separate sheets for each item/block.

HanFox's picture
HanFox
I am Forum Lead ModeratorI released a major BDcraft patchI love galleriesI searched for an answer myselfThe Cake is a lieI explored bdcraft websiteI like to comment everythingI love to post here

Samastrike wrote:
I saw somewhere that minecraft 1.5 will change the texture layout to use separate sheets for each item/block.

http://bdcraft.net/forum/hd-texture-vanilla-support-mc-15-and-above

It's likely been said elsewhere, too.

Sphax's picture
Sphax

That's not the case in Minecraft 1.5 snapshot currently...