Share this page
BDcraft on Twitter
BDcraft on Facebook
Minecraft Launcher icons
You want to help by donating and get your nickname/website on the Hall of donators section?
How to use icons on Windows
If you are using the EXE Launcher, you need to make a shortcut to it, same if you are launching from a BAT file.
This can be done by right clicking the file in question and selecting Send To > Desktop (Create Shortcut).
- 1) Once you have the shortcut on your desktop, right click it and select "Properties"
- 2) If the properties menu did not open on the Shortcut tab, select that tab at the top of the Menu.
- 3) Near the bottom of the shortcut tab should be a button that reads "Change Icon", click that.
- 4) From the "Change Icon" menu select or Browse to the location you saved the .ICO file
- 5) Open the Icon file, this will cause the Icons within to be displayed as selectable Icons. In this case each Icon file contains only one Icon, so select that and hit "OK"
- 6) That will close the Icon Selection window. To finalize your Icon selection simply Press "Apply" and then "OK" at the bottom of the shortcut properties window.
The Icon for the shortcut will be updated to the Sphax Icon (or any Icon) you select. If it did not immediately change right click anywhere on your desktop and click "Refresh".
How to use icons on MacOS
After downloading or copying the custom icon file(s) to your computer follow these steps:
- 1) Select the desired icon in the Finder.
- 2) Choose Get Info from the File menu.
- 3) Click the icon that appears in the Info window.
- 4) Choose Copy from the Edit menu.
Note: Leave the Info window open.
- 5) In the Finder, select the application, folder, or document whose icon you want to change. Note that the Info window immediately updates to display the newly selected item.
- 6) Click the icon that appears in the Info window.
- 7) Choose Paste from the Edit menu.
- 8) Close the Info window.