Share this page
BDcraft on Twitter
BDcraft on Facebook
For iOS6 and iOS7.1, installing a ResourcePack in Minecraft Pocket Edition requires a jailbreak. If you want to use PocketBDcraft, be sure to read the following guide which describes step-by-step everything required to jailbreak and install PocketBDcraft on you iDevice.
For iOS7.0.0 - 7.0.4 (and iOS5 or earlier), you can install PocketBDcraft without Jailbreak thanks to iFunBox (Free version).
iOS jailbreaking is the process of removing limitations on iOS.
A jailbroken dev running iOS can still use the App Store, iTunes, and other normal functions, such as making telephone calls.
The legality of jailbreaking depends on countries and conditions.
Restoring a device with iTunes removes the jailbreak.
DO NOT Jailbreak your device if:
- you don't know what a Jailbreak is
- you don't have enough time (~10-15minutes)
- you don't want to follow a step-by-step guide with lots of bullets
The process of jailbreaking is highly frowned upon by Apple and Operators. BDcraft simply provides this information to help users installing PocketBDcraft on their device knowing that Minecraft PocketEdition do not support ResourcePacks yet. We do not encourage that ANYONE jailbreak their device. It has potential to void your warranty, and as it is unsupported, can render your device unusable.
- 5-10 minutes of your time!
- A computer running Windows (XP minimum), Mac OS X (10.6 minimum) or Linux (x86 / x86_64)
- iTunes installed
- An iDevice (iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch) with iOS 7.0 up to 7.0.6 (You can check in your Settings > General > About > Version)
- An USB Cable to connect your device to your computer
Please note that BDcraft.net is not responsible if you void your warranty or damage your device. By following this guide you know what you do and you've already read the above statements.
- First: Be sure to backup your device thanks to iTunes (or iCloud) before using evasi0n. If something goes wrong, you'll still be able to restore your device and keep all your data.
- Then: Open your iDevice (iPhone / iPad / iPod) and open the "Settings" App
- Go on "General" and touch "Auto-Lock".
- Set it to Never (Very important for the JB: if your screen close during installation, you could be forced to hard-reset and restore your backup)
- Set Passcode Lock and Restriction to OFF
- Download evasi0n from the official website
- Right click and Extract all
- Connect your iDevice on your computer and click on Jailbreak button
- DON'T TOUCH YOUR SCREEN DURING INSTALLATION
- After Installation, the "evasi0n 7" App is on your Springboard. Launch it (A white screen appears and some reboots can occur: don't worry, it's normal)
- Wait... Then click Exit
Your iDevice is now Jailbreaked!
You don't have "iFile" App
- Launch "Cydia" App
- Select "User" and touch Done
- If you have Update, touch Changes and Upgrade. Install it and if necessary, Respring
- Touch "Search" and write "iFile". Select the LITE version (it's Free)
- Touch Install and touch
- Touch "Return to Cydia" and respring (close your iDevice and open it)
You have "iFile" App
- Launch "iFile"
- Touch the "Gear" button (iFile Settings)
- Choose "File Manager"
- Touch "Application Names" to show all apps name
- On iPad, select "Applications" / On iPhone and iPod, select "User" and "Applications".
- Select "Minecraft PE"
- Launch "Safari" (or any other Browser you use on you iDevice)
- Download your version of PocketBDcraft on BDcraft.net (here)
- Return in "iFile"
- Touch "Edit" and select your PocketBDcraft version you've just downloaded
- Touch the bottom right icon and select "Cut"
- Touch the "+" button at bottom left, and create new folder named "PocketBDcraft"
- Inside your newly created folder, touch bottom right icon and paste
- Extract the PocketBDcraft ZIP file
- After extract, touch "Done" at top right
- Select all files and choose "Copy/Link"
- Go to your "minecraftpe.app" folder and paste...
- ...All ("Overwrite All")
- Close all
PocketBDcraft is now installed on your iDevice!
Be sure to respring the game (close it on multitasking) or restart your iDevice (shurdown and restart)