Help for IC2 mod Tpack

Want hints or tips about creating textures or other resources? This is the place for you.
3 Posts

Post 13 Jul 2014, 23:41

Hi all, I am not such a new member, I simply forgot my credentials, after long time of not playing MC at all.
I am back to it, mostly because the awesome IC2 experimental mod progress (i last played build 200, now it's 513) and I saw a post from HanFox in which he asked for help, because he wwill drop the IC2 support. Since I don't want that to happen I ask of you to tell me - where to start ? What should I do regardless that help he asked (I see some people are helping already, I want to take part, too) Many of the new machines are daily introduced into the IC2, and all have no gui :( Some don't even have a texture file - like the Fluid Regulator, or new reactor parts...

Earlier, I tweaked the textures, messed with the existing ones to fit them to new or changed GUIs. I was doing that in bitmap level, using PhotoShop. It was effective, but not properly done - since I didn't have the original PSDs. I just cut-out parts of the old textures and rearange them to fit that gui. I had a working, good looking set of GUIs for IC2, but when I posted it here - it was deleted - due to breaking the forum rules of not redistributing the texture pack. Now I want to know a proper way for this and want to become a part of this great texture pack - which I think should be the DEFAULT tp for Minecraft (hell, I even forgot how it looks with no sphax textures :) )

I have an ambition to make the Applied Energetics 2 texture pack, too - if there's none in the FTB pack (I will check it later) So again, please guide me through the process, rules and other things, so my pack could become a part of the official BDCraft collection.

I am pretty skilled in PS, I did a bit of texturing, myself (too much work, making a brand new TP from a blank sheet of... pixels) using programs like Genetica... (not very good for vector based graphics, but usable for some other neat things)

Thanks in advance
Last edited by psionic2 on 13 Jul 2014, 23:48, edited 1 time in total.
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
BDcraft Web Admin
6614 Posts

Post 13 Jul 2014, 23:48

Take a look at Sphax's tips and tricks thread and the large amount of PSDs that are available in the Useful Resources to Sphaxify. They'll give you a starting point for texturing with vectors.

sparkst3r and Sillyman34 have also done a couple of tutorials on Youtube if you can find them or they want to post them here ;)

As for AE2, I've already done most of it besides the few new things that have been added in rv1 and I'm not requesting help with that.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
3 Posts

Post 13 Jul 2014, 23:56

Ok, thanks for the quick reply, but I don't actually need a help with making textures... I wanted to know how to post them properly, what to do in order to contribute to IC2 mod TP. For example, there were few new machines introduced these days in IC2. I want to make textures for them and post them here. Let's say I know how to do them (thanks for the PSD link, that answers a part of my question). What then ? Where should I put them, I mean here - on this forum ? How would they become a part of the IC2 TP ?

And where can I find AE2 pack ? Inside the FTB pack, or elsewhere ?

Sorry about dumb questions, I really don't know my way around this forum...
BDcraft Web Admin
6614 Posts

Post 14 Jul 2014, 00:08

Your post wasn't very clear about whether you needed help texturing or not, but nevermind.

You'd post them in the IC2 thread, like I said in the OP of the IC2 thread. I'll resize them and add them myself to the downloads.

As for AE2 it's in the AE thread at the top; "2rv0.beta for MC1.7":
https://bdcraft.net/community/pbdc-patch ... -t308.html
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
3 Posts

Post 14 Jul 2014, 00:39

Ok, thanks a lot...

Hehe, yeah - I wasn't very clear about what I want, now when I read it I can see that - I asked "where to start", and you answered :)

Ok, I will try to make some texutres, mostly GUI, others may have better ideas about the outlook of the actual machines... I am so terrified when I see damn pixelated default GUIs :)

Thanks again, you've been very helpfull, I hope to post soon some of my textures :)