Small font bug with Programmable Rednet Controller

Want hints or tips about creating textures or other resources? This is the place for you.
39 Posts

Post 02 May 2014, 09:20

Just in case nobody here noticed, we discovered that the font size of the Sphax texture pack has caused the MFR Programmable Rednet Controller to have a small visual bug. In this case, there are buttons which you click on that cycle through the different input and output modes. Six of the modes are "sides" of the box. They cycle from "I/O F", "I/O B", L, R, U, D to mean front, back, left, right, up, down. The problem is that with the Sphax textures, the final letter indicating direction is bumped out of the button, and so you can't actually see it at all. At first we thought it was just a problem with the mod but it definitely works fine with vanilla textures.

Is there any way to resolve this? Or is it just a consequence of using the Sphax font with nothing to be done about it?
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
BDcraft Web Admin
6614 Posts

Post 02 May 2014, 11:30

You could try going through the ascii.png and resize everything and see if that makes any difference. Besides that it's not really the texturepacks fault as the font is supported natively by Minecraft. If it were "wrong" I'd expect you to notice issues with all text.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
39 Posts

Post 02 May 2014, 11:58

Yeah I think it has to do with the textbox field size being too small for the button. Its not allowing for the width of a larger font, and rather than spilling outside the bounds of the button, it just doesn't display the last letter, which happens to be the important letter.

I'm not entirely sure how the programmable rednet controller does its thing, since it doesn't seem to have a GUI image like every other interface. I also tried resizing the GUI scale but that scaled the interface along with the text, which didn't fix anything.

So unless the MFR author notices this, the solution seems to be to either switch to default textures while using the PRC, or to just memorize the number of mouse clicks to cycle through the configuration.