Sphax BDCraft and indie games?

Share things or chat about other subjects that don't fit in to the other forums.
7 Posts

Post 20 Jul 2013, 11:47

Hello, my name is Cynicat and I'm working on an indie game project right now.

First things first. I'm a big fan of the 'BDCraft' look and would like to implement a similar look to my game. However I'm a little rusty on the style, as well as wanting to make sure the BDCraft guys(and girls) have no objection to this. to be clear, I plan to make my own textures and art that in will be in no way derived, copied or traced from BDCraft textures. I would of course put special mention of where the inspiration and idea came from for the art style.

So... if you have any tips, tricks, tools(free preferably) or criticisms, please leave them below. however if the BDCraft guys and gals do not wish me too use there style then i will find some other style for my game.
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
BDcraft Web Admin
6592 Posts

Post 20 Jul 2013, 11:52

*moved to ChitChat*

Generally Sphax is okay with people using his style/textures in other projects as long as you have no intention to sell the end product commercially or even place the downloadable files behind a monetized link such as adf.ly.

If you do keep the project free to play and download then you in the least should post back here with your progress.

However, I'll point Sphax to this thread, he likes to support Indie devs so you never know what he'll say ;)
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
7 Posts

Post 20 Jul 2013, 11:59

Well, sadly i plan to sell my game. I wouldnt use actual assets(textures, icons, ect...) unless directly given permission to do so. my plan was to use the style only(and even that only with permission).

thanks for the fast reply! : )
BDcraft Admin
578 Posts

Post 20 Jul 2013, 12:00

As Hanfox said, I'm ok with you using PureBDcraft textures for your game as long as your game remains free to the end user and as long as you include credits for the used textures (used=integrated, modified, traced on or inspired from). :)

If you want to sell your game, let me know by PM. ;)
If you like a post give it a diamond! :arrow_heading_up:
Have you tried Cubik?