Archives of technical help for Cubik LITE and Cubik PRO

Now help is given on Cubik Studio forum: https://cubik.studio
BDcraft Admin
2180 Posts

Post 04 Aug 2015, 17:03

[img]/img/scr_cubik_pro.png[/img]

Update 0.95 Beta Available

Get the new version on the Cubik Page: Cubik PRO or via the Auto-updater

Cubik 0.95 has been compiled on a Windows10 computer. It follows the release of the new Microsoft OS that many users will migrate to, and so, the global UI has been polished to keep that "flat" design that Windows 10 likes so much. Of course, this new version is not only a cosmetic one but it mainly follows the evolution of Minecraft.

The first's snapshots of Minecraft 1.9 have been released and many things have changed in the JSON Model format and Blockstate format. For the model format, Cubik 0.95 is fully compatible with it. For the blockstates evolutions, you can ask for help on the forum (and post ideas on how you would imagine a handy tool to make those).

If you used one or more parameters to display properly your model on the character, you'll have to open all your previous models in Cubik0.95 and modify those to make them displayed correctly again. Sadly, too many things have changed in those parameters and so an automatic conversion was not possible. Hopefully, the new format is easier to handle.

Have fun as always! ;)

IMPORTANT NOTE: To get the new 0.95 presets (for the "Edit Modes"), go to Cubik Data folder and delete the folder named "Display Presets". Be sure to save your presets before. ;)

WARNING: Cubik 0.95 exports models for Minecraft 1.9 (for display settings). To export models for Minecraft 1.8 make sure you use BDcraft Cubik PRO MC18.exe instead.

New Features

1. Element Properties: You can now set the Canal to use for tint. By default, "0" is ok but it could be 1 or 2 depending on the item (like spawn eggs)
  2. Elements Manager: New command "Random Rotation" which allow to set a random rotation (between -45° and 45°) to selected elements
  3. Window menu: You can now memorize current custom workspace and load it easily later (multi-monitor is supported). Shortcut Ctrl+4 is for the custom workspace
  4. Views > Edit Modes: Renamed "In Hand" to "TPS Hand Right"
  5. Views > Edit Modes: Renamed "First Person" to "FPS Hand Right"
  6. Views > Edit Modes: New "TPS Hand Left"
  7. Views > Edit Modes: New "TPS Hand Right"
  8. Views > Edit Modes: New button "Copy" on "TPS Hand Left" and "FPS Hand Left" to copy values from their alter-ego "TPS Hand Right" and "FPS Hand Right"
  9. Views > Edit Modes: All edit modes have been updated and tested to approximate the position, rotation and scale of Minecraft as best as possible
  10. Views > Edit Modes: New presets

Changes and Enhancements

1. When you press "Ctrl" in a 2D view, the origin of selected element will be displayed
  2. Import JSON: Tint index is now imported correctly
  3. Loading and saving BDC3D files is a bit faster (which is also improving undo/redo functions)
  4. OBJ import: When you import a OBJ file and the Cubik optimization bring more than 2000 Elements, an error popped up saying the import is aborted. You now have the choice to ignore this warning and proceed (at your own risk)
  5. New icon for the "Share Model Preview online" in "Tool" menu
  6. Font is now "Segoe UI" instead of "Verdana"
  7. Tools panels are now white and flat
  8. Elements Manager uses default system dialog
  9. Material Manager uses default system dialog

Fixed Bugs

1. 2D views of rotated elements could be wrong sometimes
  2. Loading a BDC3D file in 0.95 will fix all rotated elements which was badly rendered in 2D views
  3. Selecting elements was not precise enough if the element was rotated and scaled
If you like a post give it a diamond! :arrow_heading_up:
Have you tried Cubik?
67 Posts

Post 04 Aug 2015, 17:22

I hope they don't change the dam JSON format again!
Check out my Resource Pack: ℂ⊍Ъℂ⏀ℕ Textures: PMC
BDcraft Admin
2180 Posts

Post 04 Aug 2015, 17:33

YannikPipek wrote:I hope they don't change the dam JSON format again!
The JSON format for 3D Models is quite advanced now. I think they will not break it anymore. In 1.9, "only" display settings (edit modes in Cubik) have changed to improve it. The 3D model itself is ok.
Have you tried Cubik?
4 Posts

Post 04 Aug 2015, 18:26

How to come back in a 0.93beta version ?
91 Posts

Post 04 Aug 2015, 18:38

Quick question. How do I go about reverting versions? It'd be helpful to be able to switch back and forth for 1.8/1.9.
Check out my 3D Weapons Pack!
67 Posts

Post 04 Aug 2015, 19:17

But still, updating all the display settings I was using is just a drag and will take me many hours ;(.
And can anyone tell me what exactly I have to change at the pack to fix that compatibility problem at 1.9 that says that my pack version is out if date and may not work correctly anymore??
Check out my Resource Pack: ℂ⊍Ъℂ⏀ℕ Textures: PMC
11 Posts

Post 04 Aug 2015, 19:35

How do I export in 1.8 format if I need to?

Basically, how do i get 1.93?

Most of my clients are working in that version :/
BDcraft Admin
2180 Posts

Post 04 Aug 2015, 20:24

I will include version 0.93 in Cubik ZIP file soon, so you'll be able to export to 1.8 and 1.9
Have you tried Cubik?
BDcraft Admin
2180 Posts

Post 04 Aug 2015, 22:00

YannikPipek wrote:what exactly I have to change at the pack to fix that compatibility problem at 1.9 that says that my pack version is out if date and may not work correctly anymore??
In pack.mcmeta set version to 2

-- edit --

EDIT: If you redownload Cubik via the website, you'll have both versions of Cubik for MC1.9 and MC1.8. Sorry for that "issue", managing 2 different versions of files is not an easy task. :p
Have you tried Cubik?
125 Posts

Post 05 Aug 2015, 16:34

Do you know of any new cool tricks that we can use?