Cubik triggering Malicious File Protection on Google Chrome

Archives of technical help for Cubik LITE and Cubik PRO

Now help is given on Cubik Studio forum: https://cubik.studio
303 Posts

Post 25 Mar 2014, 19:42

I am posting to let you know that the current version of the Cubik Pro file is triggering Google Chrome's malicious file detection. I am fairly unsure why this is happening, but have you created a Digital Signature for the file? Windows is noting that it has no assigned author and this may be what is causing issues with Google Chrome.
BDcraft Admin
2180 Posts

Post 25 Mar 2014, 20:15

There's no digital signature for Cubik. I don't get any issue with Windows7 and Chrome on my side.
I'll see how I can do this digital signature you are talking about
If you like a post give it a diamond! :arrow_heading_up:
Have you tried Cubik?
15 Posts

Post 25 Mar 2014, 20:19

I can second this - everytime I download Cubik with Chrome, it marks it as malware and I have to manually keep it. This shouldn't be because of the digital signature - I made a program on my own a while ago using Visual Studio, and nobody has had a problem downloading it, even though I didn't sign it.
1 Post

Post 25 Mar 2014, 20:36

Just purchased the Cubik pro and attempted to download via Google chrome. The download was stopped saying that it was malware. "This is a false positive detection." Not all systems will detect it. Checking these forums I found a thread where a mod says that it cannot set off anything. The thread is locked so I could not post the work around there so I'll post it here!

Solution!
Use firefox or other web browser to download.
Last edited by Aedaeum on 25 Mar 2014, 22:29, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please search next time before posting a new topic
15 Posts

Post 25 Mar 2014, 21:03

Or you could just go to the downloads page and then press the button to keep the file...
BDcraft Admin
2180 Posts

Post 29 Mar 2014, 23:32

Next version will be digitally signed by BDcraft/oBeeware. That will maybe fix the issue (or just not say anymore "unknown publisher")
If you like a post give it a diamond! :arrow_heading_up:
Have you tried Cubik?