[HELP] .jar resets

Archives of technical help for Cubik LITE and Cubik PRO

Now help is given on Cubik Studio forum: https://cubik.studio
2 Posts

Post 22 Mar 2014, 15:04

So, today I was playing with cubik pro but... I ran into a problem :/
I created a new and fresh resource pack with the models/block/meshes path:
".minecraft\resourcepacks\3D\assets\minecraft\models\block\meshes"
After that I tried loading it, but it dint work so I went to check the help and saw how to fix it.
So I did do what it told me and went to ".minecraft\versions\14w11b\14w11b.jar\assets\minecraft\models\block\"
and replaced "cube" with "Redstone" (name of my json in resourcepack), saved it and loaded up minecraft again, yet again it din't work :/
then I tried changing it again and saw it was reset to "cube" instead of "Redstone" I repeated the thing a few times but it doesn't seem to work :(

.jar folder

changed the redstone_ore.json

Resource pack folder

Launched minecraft

After

PS sorry for my MLG paint skills
-kingP
Last edited by Kingpulsar on 22 Mar 2014, 21:41, edited 1 time in total.
15 Posts

Post 22 Mar 2014, 15:11 

Have you put the redstone_ore.json into the folder ".minecraft\resourcepacks\3D\assets\minecraft\models\block\"? You need this file present and your model in the meshes folder for the game to recognize that you want to use a model different from the cube model.
2 Posts

Post 22 Mar 2014, 21:49

JakeJeremy wrote:Have you put the redstone_ore.json into the folder ".minecraft\resourcepacks\3D\assets\minecraft\models\block\"? You need this file present and your model in the meshes folder for the game to recognize that you want to use a model different from the cube model.
Tanks that solved it, I didn't know it had to be :)
15 Posts

Post 22 Mar 2014, 22:11

No problem :) generally you never should alter the jar itself, everything you really can alter in the game can be done using resource packs (except class files of course atm) and should be done this way so you can distribute your resource pack properly.