'return to default' sizing for adding cubes + suggestions

Archives of technical help for Cubik LITE and Cubik PRO

Now help is given on Cubik Studio forum: https://cubik.studio
42 Posts

Post 01 Apr 2014, 19:34

Well thats annoying.... I can only grab it from the top view, the sides it's a 1px thin block that I cant grab hold of to resize. Could we have a 'reset' for this? reset it to the default 1 by 1 cube size and back at it's 'spawn' pad if we lose or eff up like this? Also some reason after I effed this up, all new cubes made started at this 1px size. had to close and re-open to get it back to normal.

Also... even in the change log you say shift+ click to clone.. but also to move cubes in a 1px manner...
2. Elements can now be cloned easily: Shift+Click to Clone the selected element
11. New Shortcut: Keep Shift down while moving/resizing Elements (with Mouse or Keyboard) to move/resize by 1pixel (like 256x256 grid snap)
The issue is people may hold shift first then click to move, thus cloning the cube while also pixel moving, not click to move then hold shift to pixel align, like it is intended to be used.

I would recommend rebinding clone to alt, as in most graphic programs that IS the duplicate tool. Photoshop, 3dsmax and so on, hold alt and drag clones what you have selected, rather alts held before or after the click. Simple and also familiar.

I didn't notice this until just now when I had 7 clones before realizing it was doing that while trying to align them.. rather frustrating.

Also, really be handy to allow us to zoom in on the views, so for higher res textures we CAN see the exact spot and align it just right. Zoom in the UV mapper also be helpful.

Could you offer a quick fix/patch for the keybinding at least? Or maybe allow us to change the keybindings in options. This is just throwing me off to much and keep ending up with unwanted cubes.

Edit:
Also we cant seem, to pixel align the UV mapping. It still snaps to the default 16x grid.
BDcraft Admin
2180 Posts

Post 01 Apr 2014, 20:20

How did you managed resizing an element in 1px width? A recover button to reset the selectes element is a nice handy idea. In the mean time you can use the resize command via the Elements Manager. ;)

About key bindings, I'll see what I can do.
However, to clone, you just need to press Shift first and then drag. While draging, you can release Shift.

To stop using the grid, you just need to press Shift after dragging (that will not clone the Element).
If you like a post give it a diamond! :arrow_heading_up:
Have you tried Cubik?
42 Posts

Post 01 Apr 2014, 20:48

Yeah but it is so easy to clone by mistake. I'm up to cube 23 on the list on a 7 cube model because I keep cloning stuff trying to move it.

Like I said, people may not click first, then press shift in order to move, where shift first then click clones. Having two methods based on click order leads to unwanted issues. I know it's driving me a bit crazy.

Just be easier to have alt clone, as that's what everything else out there uses, rather duplication of a layer in art programs or cloning elements in 3d programs.

I also don't know how I managed to resize that one to a 1px size, but it stayed that way for every new cube added until I closed and re-opened the program.
BDcraft Admin
2180 Posts

Post 01 Apr 2014, 20:54

Then that means you resized the blueprint 1px size. There's a button to reset the blueprint.

For the cloning, I will see how I can replace the shortcut with Alt key instead of Shift. ;)
Have you tried Cubik?
42 Posts

Post 02 Apr 2014, 01:42

Well man all I can ask is if you do do the remapping, PLEASE just put it out as a quick update. This is really driving me bonkers. I have to pause myself and click though this to do it right. When you work as a graphic designer and so use to the normal controls it's hard to battle against long cemented in habits.
BDcraft Admin
2180 Posts

Post 02 Apr 2014, 15:55

Next version will have the Clone feature remapped to "Alt" Key. ;)

The next update will be a minor update and should be available very soon. I need to fix some other little bugs before release.
Have you tried Cubik?
42 Posts

Post 02 Apr 2014, 22:42

Good, I'ma wait till then. Trying to do my crafting table...
it only needs 9 blocks...

http://images.devs-on.net/Image/SDEMMUY ... Region.png

I have clones inside of clones inside of clones... trying to remove some I end up making, more clones!
BDcraft Admin
2180 Posts

Post 02 Apr 2014, 22:47

You can rename all those Clones to anything you want ;)
Have you tried Cubik?
42 Posts

Post 03 Apr 2014, 02:24

I don't -need- them @.x I only need 9 cubes for this! but even clicking, no moving and it makes a clone... inside a clone.. inside a clone.. select cube to uv map.. clone with out noticing! I've screwed this mesh up to badly I don't know whats what... the update and remapping cant come fast enough.
BDcraft Admin
2180 Posts

Post 03 Apr 2014, 05:30

If you found a bug, please try to reproduce it from scratch and tell me how I can reproduce it to help me fix the issue for next version
Have you tried Cubik?