[HELP] Running issues

Archives of technical help for Cubik LITE and Cubik PRO

Now help is given on Cubik Studio forum: https://cubik.studio
10 Posts

Post 21 Mar 2014, 02:00

When I try to run Cubix PRO, this comes up:

I'm using Avira Free Antivirus and I'm not the administrator.
~Crafterguy3x3
Former Staff
1132 Posts

Post 21 Mar 2014, 05:03

Depending on the permissions set for your account, you may need to have admin privileges to run the program. Is there any way you can get admin privileges? False positives will have to be added to the trusted list of your detection software. Cubik does not contain any kind of malicious or harmful code.
10 Posts

Post 21 Mar 2014, 23:03

Aedaeum wrote:Depending on the permissions set for your account, you may need to have admin privileges to run the program. Is there any way you can get admin privileges? False positives will have to be added to the trusted list of your detection software. Cubik does not contain any kind of malicious or harmful code.
But why does it need Administrator permissions?

Also how do I add false-positives?
~Crafterguy3x3
Former Staff
1132 Posts

Post 22 Mar 2014, 00:16 

First you need to have access to your detection software (anti-virus). Once you have access, you'll need to add the Cubik.exe file to the trusted list.

Administrative access is necessary for programs that modify the file system, such as installing required components or saving data to your hard drive. It all depends on the permissions you're allowed on your computer.
10 Posts

Post 22 Mar 2014, 01:01

Aedaeum wrote:First you need to have access to your detection software (anti-virus). Once you have access, you'll need to add the Cubik.exe file to the trusted list.

Administrative access is necessary for programs that modify the file system, such as installing required components or saving data to your hard drive. It all depends on the permissions you're allowed on your computer.
I typed in the password at the SmartScreen popup and now it works.

Thanks for your help :D
~Crafterguy3x3
Former Staff
1132 Posts

Post 22 Mar 2014, 02:44

Haha, I'm glad you were able to get the password :)
BDcraft Admin
2180 Posts

Post 22 Mar 2014, 10:34

Crafterguy3x3 wrote:But why does [Cubik] need Administrator permissions?
Probably because Cubik creates a file at first launch called "BDcraft Cubik.txt" where the EXE is located. This file saves the settings of Cubik (like the background colors and other settings).

Note: Cubik doesn't need Administrator privileges in Windows7. The rules are probably more strict in Windows8.
If you like a post give it a diamond! :arrow_heading_up:
Have you tried Cubik?
8 Posts

Post 26 Mar 2014, 12:50

Sphax wrote:
Crafterguy3x3 wrote:But why does [Cubik] need Administrator permissions?
Probably because Cubik creates a file at first launch called "BDcraft Cubik.txt" where the EXE is located. This file saves the settings of Cubik (like the background colors and other settings).

Note: Cubik doesn't need Administrator privileges in Windows7. The rules are probably more strict in Windows8.
Windows 8 wants an administrator to run the program because it lacks a digital signature. As long as an admin tells Windows that the program is OK, it should run fine later on.
BDcraft Admin
2180 Posts

Post 26 Mar 2014, 18:00

Next version will be self-signed but I don't know if that will solve any issue at all... I can't afford a certificate like Verisign (which cost 499$ per year!)...

You just need to trust BDcraft that Cubik is not and do not contain any Malware/Virus or anything bad for your computer.

If you still don't trust BDcraft, you can still execute Cubik in a Sandbox like "Sandboxie" which is easy to use and works perfectly with Cubik. ;)
If you like a post give it a diamond! :arrow_heading_up:
Have you tried Cubik?