Tips&Tricks for Cubik LITE and Cubik PRO

Archives of technical help for Cubik LITE and Cubik PRO

Now help is given on Cubik Studio forum: https://cubik.studio
BDcraft Admin
2180 Posts

Post 03 May 2015, 20:49

Lewanuva10 wrote:SHIFT + L-Click does not select multiple objects for me.. help?
Be sure to use latest Cubik version
If you like a post give it a diamond! :arrow_heading_up:
Have you tried Cubik?
11 Posts

Post 20 May 2015, 14:15

SHIFT + LClick does not work for me either, and I'm using the latest version. Any ideas?
BDcraft Admin
2180 Posts

Post 20 May 2015, 19:57

Shift + Left click only works in latest Cubik Pro version.
Have you tried Cubik?
11 Posts

Post 20 May 2015, 20:04

I'm using the latest cubic pro version. (0.93)

Also, side question, is there any list/forum thread of json builds? It would be nice to have a list so people can post their own and use them on servers etc.
BDcraft Admin
2180 Posts

Post 21 May 2015, 08:05

People generally don't post json files so no forum exist for that. If anyone want to post json he can post here. If many users post json, a new forum could be added then.

For Shift+Left click I don't know why it would not work for you... Press Shift then keep pressing left click anywhere on empty area in a 2D view to start selecting multi elements.
Have you tried Cubik?
Dys
6 Posts

Post 21 May 2015, 18:20

Well, while we are talking about things not working, how about we talk about a couple of bugs I've been having. One is the occasional loss of the ability to use the zoom in the perspective view (the one where you use the mouse-wheel to zoom, yeah, that one just occasionally doesn't work at random intervals).
The second is a real annoying one; for whatever reason, some of the elements on my object stretch the texture to hell and back. When looking at the UVs, I've found that these UVs are basically lines and that setting them to "Real," though it doesn't give me the desired look, is a viable workaround...for maybe one or two elements...The real problem is that I can select, oh say, 200 - 300+ elements and set their UVs to "Real" at the same time. This should be added since all you are doing is setting them all to a predefined setting.
And to make things easier, yes, I have the latest version, and no, selecting each element one at a time is not something I'm willing to do (especially due to how I can't select right out of the perspective view).
Lastly, and I ask this primarily because I paid for this program, do we get any general time frames for how long updates to the program take to be developed? When can we expect some fixes/ added requested features? Thanks.
BDcraft Admin
2180 Posts

Post 21 May 2015, 20:32

Well...

I want to clear some things up before answering: I thank you a lot for supporting BDcraft by purchasing Cubik.

HOWEVER you must know that you purchased Cubik for what it is now and not for what it will be or could be in the future.
Cubik had updates and will continue to have updates, so don't worry about that. But you should know that BDcraft is not a big development team and I'm alone on Cubik.

Then, don't be angry if I tell you that I will probably not make any dedicated news on what will be added to Cubik. If you want to get updates about what I'm working on (about Cubik or anything else related to BDcraft), you should follow me on Twitter or read my answers on the Cubik forum.

What I can say however is that many new cool features are planned for Cubik and that listen a lot all feedback and ideas and bug reports. You'll just have to be patient.

And finally:
If you have any problem/issue with Cubik, please create a topic after you verified that it has not been already solved in a previous post... [emoji6]

Cheers
Sphax
Have you tried Cubik?
4 Posts

Post 03 Jun 2015, 19:13

hi
i bought the cubik pro, but when I try to put a texture on the item, in the bottom right "textures" section, it just stays there showing me a picture sword in the bottom left, but on the actual preview section (the section with the camera) it just shows the colorful look of the sword that comes on when you upload the sword template
BDcraft Admin
2180 Posts

Post 03 Jun 2015, 20:27

Be sure to enable advanced 3D preview with textures in Preferences (Tools > Preferences > Views)
Have you tried Cubik?
27 Posts

Post 17 Jul 2015, 04:49

Is there a way to clone multiple elements at once? Or do you have to clone them one at a time?