Main Menu Title

General help with our resourcepacks, our website, or Minecraft - including mods.
2 Posts

Post 18 Sep 2019, 21:09

Hi all!

I am putting together a Minecraft server that is based on GOT. Your texture pack fits perfectly!! I have already used the music mod to change some songs (for my use, not for public release) and would like to make a small change to your res pack.

I want to change the main title to something more fitting for the server (this will be given to clan mates, but may not be released to the general public, have to see how popular it gets, first)

The menu image in question is the main title - MINECRAFT (minecraft.png in the gui folder) - I used the enclosed png file and recreated it how I'd like it to look, however it does not show properly once placed in the pack. I also tried several other formats, none of which worked.

Yes, I have been googling the question for the better part of about 2 hours, but everything points to a mod, which I'd prefer to have it in the pack, that way my clan mates (about 8 total, yeah, small clan lol) can just use the pack.

Any way I could get some help on the formatting of the image? Maybe a quick how to so I can get it done??

Thank you in advance!!
Love the texture pack!!

Sphax GrungeBDcraft 128x MC112 - POM-V5.1
Minecraft 1.12.2
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
BDcraft Web Admin
6590 Posts

Post 19 Sep 2019, 09:56 

Firstly, I'll point out you say you love our texture pack, but you're using an unofficial update to GrungeBDcraft which breaches the Terms of Use of our pack. They never asked to update it, they just did it. Doesn't matter if it hasn't been updated for years, people shouldn't just steal other peoples' work like that.

Either way, seems a bit odd you'd come here asking for help for a pack you did not actually download from us.

Anyway, to your question: to change the minecraft.png you just need to open it in a graphic editor such as GIMP, Paint, etc. and make your changes (baring in mind you can't really move anything around, and the scale of the image is specific), and then save it and repack it in to the zip. That's it. Works fine.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
2 Posts

Post 19 Sep 2019, 18:54

HanFox wrote:
19 Sep 2019, 09:56
Firstly, I'll point out you say you love our texture pack, but you're using an unofficial update to GrungeBDcraft which breaches the Terms of Use of our pack. They never asked to update it, they just did it. Doesn't matter if it hasn't been updated for years, people shouldn't just steal other peoples' work like that.
My bad, got it from here - https://resourcepack.net/grungebdcraft-resource-pack/ if anyone wants to have them remove it.

Thanks for your reply!