[HELP] BDcraft Cubik Pro Connection Failed

Archives of Cubik PRO purchase support tickets

Now support is done on Cubik Studio forum: https://cubik.studio
3 Posts

Post 10 May 2014, 17:59

I have been having trouble accessing BDcraft Cubik Pro, and it says for me to verify my internet connection to continue. My internet connection is... fine. It's working enough for it to be able to connect to your server if that's what you're running on. If any others out there are having trouble accessing Cubik Pro through the internet, please tell me. If you aren't having any trouble, then please still tell me. Either way, the limitation of only being able to access Cubik through internet is a big pain. If we didn't pay for it, then how did we even get it?.... Well, other than using Bittorrent, but that's only for 0.4. Even so, we'd still need the updates to model properly. Thanks guys and happy modeling.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BDcraft Admin
2183 Posts

Post 10 May 2014, 20:34

Cubik needs an Internet connection at launch for only 2 things:
1) Check the registration (Serial Number)
2) Check for updates

Everything works fine on my side and on the 4 computers Cubik was tested on (via 3 different Internet connections).

For the first version of Cubik, it was DRM free (I hate DRM) because I trusted all the BDcraft users. However, since one or more users have published their Cubik Pro copy online (on Pirate websites), I needed to add a registration system which is designed to be as easy and reliable as possible.

I still don't know why some people still want to hack/pirate software that were done by Indie Developers but well, that's the real world.

By the way, Cubik will always require a registration and will always check for the validity of the entered Serial Number online.
I'll maybe add a way to lower the check to one every day or week (instead of one at each launch) but that's all I'll be able to do.

About your problem, do you have a firewall? Are you sure you have authorized Cubik to access the Internet via your connection?
If you like a post give it a diamond! :arrow_heading_up:
Have you tried Cubik?
3 Posts

Post 10 May 2014, 23:19

I have not checked to see if that was even the case XD. I just disabled any firewall that I had (Norton and McAfee to be more specific) and so far it still doesn't seem to be working. I disabled Norton and completely uninstalled McAfee so I don't know what's causing this to happen.

Limiting the registration check to about once per week would be a very nice touch. But in the mean time, us loyal BDcrafters can just search the web to see if anybody has pirated the program. The only place I know of that has Cubik Pro is on ISOhunt or something. I know because to be honest, that was when I first got BDcraft. I wanted to at least test drive the Pro version, and when I heard 0.5 was coming out I bought it as quick as I could. But that is only for 0.4 I think, so modelers who use that will have to deal with the Down texture rendering on the side XD.

But I actually have a suggestion. Maybe when people are downloading the ZIP file of Cubik Pro, you could have the authentication TXT in a password protected SubZIP folder, and it being a random ZIP file for every certain download. It would be a solid solution, and it'd be somewhat harder to pirate.

[[No pirate links please]]

Good luck and thanks for the lovely gift of Cubik :)
BDcraft Admin
2183 Posts

Post 11 May 2014, 07:22

Cubik don't come with any TXT... So it's not necessary to package any special ZIP.

Also, I don't think Cubik Pro was pirated since the registration system exists, so I think, it's a good thing that I spent a day programming it (instead of adding cool features).

Currently, only Cubik Pro 0.4 is available freely online and it is very limited (with bugs) when you compare to what Cubik is today.

Moreover, the JSON format will drastically change in upcoming Minecraft Snapshots so any previous versions of Cubik will become unusable.

To come back on your problem, can you send me your Paypal email address and the approximate date of purchase please (by PM)? So I can check what happen.

Cheers
Have you tried Cubik?
3 Posts

Post 11 May 2014, 23:28 

My sincere apologies for bothering you on every possible social media possible ^3^'. But I figured out the problem, and it's just as simple as you'd think. See, I downloaded a program that hosts proxy servers called UltraSurf (I downloaded it to overcome the registration block at school), and ever since I downloaded it browsers like Google Chrome only worked when it was running. The only reason I never noticed this happening with Cubik is because I had it set to where it started up upon start-up. When I turned that off, Cubik stopped transmitting to Port 80. XD I just can't believe it was something as simple as that.

I understand that the model format will change most likely in the next snapshot or the one after that, because the planned release date for 1.8 was sometime this month, but modeling is the only thing that passes the time for aside from spriting. Again, my sincere apologies for the barrage of messages, but I suppose we can mark this topic as solved :)
BDcraft Admin
2183 Posts

Post 12 May 2014, 08:32

Thanks for your message.

I'm glad to know that your problem is finally resolved and that was not a problem on Cubik itself. :)

Have fun with Cubik and do not hesitate to post your Models online with the new "Show off Mesh" tool in Cubik Pro 0.65. ;)

Like this TNT mesh done by Sibsib92. ;)
Have you tried Cubik?