Something seems fishy...

Archives of Cubik PRO purchase support tickets

Now support is done on Cubik Studio forum: https://cubik.studio
5 Posts

Post 19 Apr 2014, 17:21

Hey there, this post is mostly checking for some re-assurance, and I also want to check if these things are for real...

First off, when downloading from Chrome, the download was canceled, for Chrome marked it as 'malicious software.'

After ignoring the error, I downloaded the file, unpacked the BDcraft Cubik software, put it on my desktop, and tried starting it up. To this, I got ANOTHER error from Windows 8, warning that this file would harm my computer, and to not touch it. By this point I was getting a little worried, this file seemed a little dangerous.

It was when I allowed Windows to start up the computer, that I decided to make this post.. I'm no internet master, but it got me a little worried when I was asked for my PayPal email.

Has this happened to any of you? Am I totally getting worried over nothing? If someone else could share their information, it would really help me out. Thanks for your time!

After talking to Aedaeum, I'm not so worried about this anymore, so thanks for that :) However, my other issue of not being able to activate my account (as seen in the edit below) is keeping me from using the program! I have the Paypal transaction ID if it's needed!

EDIT: Also, I didn't get a Serial number to the email account I used my PayPal for, nor the email account I signed up on the website with?
EDIT: Added the last paragraph.
Last edited by MegaPixelPerfect on 19 Apr 2014, 20:51, edited 1 time in total.
Former Staff
1132 Posts

Post 19 Apr 2014, 20:06

I assure you there's nothing malicious about Cubik. For some reason it's been popping up in those filters. Sphax is working on trying to get it officially signed, so that doesn't happen anymore :)
BDcraft Admin
2183 Posts

Post 19 Apr 2014, 22:39 

This issue is very difficult to solve. I don't know why Cubik is seen as a treat by Chrome.

About Windows, it's the standard alert about most downloaded softwares.

I can't sign the file with a well known signature because that kind of thing cost huge money... For nothing more than deleting a false positive.

About your Paypal email, it is asked on first launch to be used in combination with your Serial number. It is not used or transmit to any third party.

If you've not received the email containing your Serial, be sure to check your Spam folder. If you still don't find it, send me a PM or an email with your Paypal email address and your Transaction ID + the date of purchase.
If you like a post give it a diamond! :arrow_heading_up:
Have you tried Cubik?
5 Posts

Post 19 Apr 2014, 22:46

Sphax wrote:This issue is very difficult to solve. I don't know why Cubik is seen as a treat by Chrome.

About Windows, it's the standard alert about most downloaded softwares.

I can't sign the file with a well known signature because that kind of thing cost huge money... For nothing more than deleting a false positive.

About your Paypal email, it is asked on first launch to be used in combination with your Serial number. It is not used or transmit to any third party.

If you've not received the email containing your Serial, be sure to check your Spam folder. If you still don't find it, send me a PM or an email with your Paypal email address and your Transaction ID + the date of purchase.
Yep-- PM was sent, and I look forward to using the program. :)