A new Tekkit is here!One geared for smaller servers and that takes avantage of the new way Minecraft handles multiplayer and arising out of the chaos that is the forgebukkit fiasco, we present Tekkit Lite.
Before writing comments, suggestions or bugs please read the FAQ and the ReadME file found in the zips! It would be nice if you added a link to this page in videos you use this patch in!
How to installShow
Thanks to MrPhusionGaming for uploading how to install optifine for tekkit lite! You need it in order to use this addon pack.
1. Download both the default Sphax PureBDCraft texture pack (for Minecraft 1.4.7) and the addon pack. They need to be same size! (example: 128x)
2. Open both zips and copy the contents of the Tekkit Lite addon pack into the PureBDCraft texture pack using an archiver (7zip or WinZip recommended).
***If you are getting an error saying "Irrecoverable Error: The archive is read-only and cannot be changed." just close Tekkit Lite first.
3. Move the newly created file to ".techniclauncher\tekkitlite\texturepacks" folder. On Windows just type %appdata% into search bar, and on Mac launch the game and then go to folder manually.(Click on "Texture Packs" and then click on "Open texture pack folder")
4. Select the pack in the game and play.
Frequently Asked QuestionsShow
A: You probably didn't allocate enough [abbr=Random Access Memory]RAM[/abbr] to Tekkit Lite. See allocating more ram.
Q: Tekkit Lite crashes, just won't start or when I change the texture pack to Sphax it says: "Out of memory".
A: You'll need to allocate more ram to tekkit lite. See allocating more ram.
Q: I'm getting a grayed out version of the regular minecraft when I check for the texture pack.
A: Have you read the instructions? I think not. You need to patch the default Sphax texture pack with this addon pack and then you'll not get this error.
Q: Why haven't you already patched the base pack and shared that?
A: I can't because it's against the license, I would but I just mustn't as Sphax could sue me!
Q: When I try to drag the tekkit lite textures into the minecraft textures it shows a message saying this:
Action: Add (and replace) files
Include subfolders: yes
Save full path: no
Irrecoverable Error: The archive is read-only and cannot be changed.
A: Close tekkit lite before merging the zips. Just add them without tekkit lite launched and then copy them to the texturepacks folder.
Allocating more RAM
Open techniclauncher and go to Options. Move the slider to the right until you see enough ram. Still not working? Then make a .bat file with this content:
Code: Select all
start javaw -Xmx2048m -Xms1024m -jar "TechnicLauncher.exe"
IF I MISSED SOMETHING PLEASE LET ME KNOW!
- Added Modular Powersuits.
- Added Railcraft. - for those who use it, I do
- Added Microblocks. - for those who use it, I do
- Updated EnderChest.
- Updated IronChests.
- Added MoreCTM.
- Added Animated Textures.
- Added ComputerCraft.
- Fixed LogisticPipes.
- Removed unnecessary stuff.
- Most of the textures should be done.
- Logistic Pipes may not work, if they don't tell me so I can update the zips!
Advanced Machines - HanFox
Animated Textures - Zekrom9, CadenDonuts
Balkons Weapon Mod - Sphax86
BuildCraft - CadenDonuts
Charging Bench - Ruyan, PCMaster160
Chicken Chunks - SPARKST3
Compact Solars - CadenDonuts
Dimensional Anchors - CadenDonuts
Ender Storage - CadenDonuts, SPARKST3R
Equivalent Exchange 3 - CadenDonuts
Factorization - BigDaveNz1
IndustrialCraft 2 - Ruyan, HanFox, Amon, PCMaster160, CadenDonuts
Immibis' Microblocks - HanFox
IronChests - Timmie3054, ME - for updating
Logistic Pipes - PCMaster160, SPARKS3R, ME
Minefactory Reloaded - Ruyan, HanFox
More CTM - CadenDonuts
Mystcraft - SPARKST3R, Breuk
Nether Ores - Ruyan
Not Enough Items - HanFox
Nuclear Control - HanFox
OmniTools - HanFox, Caden
Railcraft - Timmie3054, PCMaster160
RedPower 2 - Amon, Timmie3054, CadenDonuts, PCMaster160, HanFox
Rei's Minimap - _Rodrix_, Hanfox
Steves Carts 2 - SPARKST3R, CadenDonuts, PCMaster160, HanFox
Thermal Expansion - HanFox
Tube Stuff - Timmie3054, CadenDonuts, SPARKST3R
Wireless Redstone - Chicken Bones Edition - PCMaster160, CadenDonuts, SPARKST3R