Project Red - (The Successor of RedPower2) Texture's Please.

Archive of patch requests that have been completed or locked for various other reasons.
Note: This forum is visibly hidden from users, but is still searchable and readable.
29 Posts

Post 01 Aug 2013, 19:57

To be honest, I can see where timmie is coming from. These mods are all going to be made, and then scrapped and forgotten about after RP 1.6 or whatever gets released. And, I understand why he was/is defending Eloraam, after all, he was working on updating and maintaining and creating new textures for RP2 on the old forums.
I have too much spare time...
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
5 Posts

Post 02 Aug 2013, 07:00

Sir Oldie wrote:
timmie3054 wrote:
I wouldn't label project red as a successor to RedPower. I would call it more of a spin off, for the needy people who simply do not have patience to wait for a official RedPower update.
First off, rude.

Also if you think about it, people making a 'successor' to Redpower shows respect to Eloraam because they need something similar to RP to be able to play Minecraft this is due to them having such a dependence on the mod in 1.4.7

So before you go around calling people needy and impatient, try thinking it through thoroughly.

Now off for a brew to calm down.

P.S. I tried this mod out myself and however great it is...it's just not Redpower, but i wish Eloraam great luck in her life.
There you go now using this "Successor" word.
These mods that people are making are not "Successors". Calling these mods a successor is basically an insult to Eloraam. You're basically saying the original mod, made by Eloraam was not up to par as the current spin offs.

I would highly appreciate it if you actually gave these mods a correct term. Which is a "spin off".

Label me as rude. That's you're opinion. I'm not trying to insult anyone. These spin off mods are made simply because of the huge demand of an updated RedPower. Again for the "needy & impatient folks". Take that as in insult. I take it as a fact.

If you seriously cannot see that, then let me reiterate you're own words. "try thinking it through thoroughly."

You seriously have to consider that Eloraam has a life, and making RedPower is nothing more than her hobby.

-- 02 Aug 2013, 03:15 --
Zakol wrote:
To be honest, I can see where timmie is coming from. These mods are all going to be made, and then scrapped and forgotten about after RP 1.6 or whatever gets released. And, I understand why he was/is defending Eloraam, after all, he was working on updating and maintaining and creating new textures for RP2 on the old forums.
I still maintain the textures on the new forum, but that is not why I am defending eloraam.

I really doubt these spin off mods are going to be scrapped when RP PR6 or what ever gets released. Simply because people are going to stick with them, since they are probably going to get updates and be maintained regularly. Which in time, I can see just killing RedPower off completely.

Then once these RedPower Spin off's become the "Dominant" Redpower. I only hope they don't take the mod in a completely different direction than eloraam planned to go.
20 Posts

Post 02 Aug 2013, 09:23

I culd give it a shot when im done with enhanced portals, but i will need some help...
Maybe Timmie, Spanky(if he isnt too busy), Trane and KeddoX ;)
Patch Creator
109 Posts

Post 02 Aug 2013, 11:02

Ok Timmie, i agree with you there these mods are spin offs, i was a little big angry because i had just ran out of PG Tips and i do know she has a life now.
Erm...I like trees and bees!
.....Maybe too much
Former Staff
1033 Posts

Post 02 Aug 2013, 12:39

Ok, please no more subjective comments about the valid/invalid nature of Project Red over RedPower2. This is a request, so all further comments should be about whether or not someone will take up texturing for Project Red.

If you want to debate, use the ChitChat Bar Thanks
:)
BDcraft Web Admin
6590 Posts

Post 16 Aug 2013, 21:12 

Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin