Nintendo Switch - Crash

Topics regarding PureBDcraft, the HD cartoony resourcepack for Minecraft Bedrock.
1 Post

Post 06 Jul 2018, 04:11

Reposting from the feedback site since the customer support site doesn't acknowledge switch consoles yet...

Code: Select all

https://feedback.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/community/posts/360014385992-Bug-Report-Nintendo-Switch-Crash-due-to-PureDBcraft-texture-pack
Just being a helpful human bean, hopefully you and the Microsoft devs can work things out.

Platform: Nintendo Switch

How To Reproduce: Load the texture pack as a resource on an Infinite / Flat map, while in-game (map and resource loaded), press the home button on the switch, re-enter the game.

Bug Result: Crash of the game

Error Message: The software was closed because an error occurred.

Conditions: Appears to be only from Infinite / Flat generated maps, as "Old" generated maps work fine.

FAQ (That I believe any troubleshooter would ask):

Have you tried other texture packs?:
Yes... Multiple, they all work fine

Have you tried lowering the settings?:
Yes... Even to absolute minimum

Have you tried a different map?:
Yes Infinite / Flat maps appear to have this problem "Old" generated maps do not crash

Have you tried rebooting your switch?:
Yup

What console firmware are you on?:
Currently, as of latest, 5.1.0

What model generation is your switch?:
XAW10- (The absolute day one models)
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
BDcraft Web Admin
6614 Posts

Post 06 Jul 2018, 10:29 

Sadly there's little we can do about console specific issues. We've not had any reports on other platforms, so it may very well be Switch specific.

Microsoft have access to everything they release on and they're meant to Quality Assure what we submit to them to avoid end users having issues.

If they find a pack specific issue related to our pack they will report back to us, usually with steps to fix it.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
2 Posts

Post 17 Jul 2018, 18:09

I too am experiencing this same crash, specifically with the BDCraft texture pack on Switch. It's not limited to just flat world's for me, I'm on a regular map and it still does it. Really sucks when I accidently hit the menu button and my progress is lost every single time because of a crash. Doesn't happen with any other texture pack.

Unrelated issue: Cocoa beans on trees are also gargantuan (the size of a small shack house). Does not do this with other texture packs, only BDCraft.
BDcraft Admin
578 Posts

Post 17 Jul 2018, 18:47

I tested on Switch with 64x as well as 128x and it works.

If you used 128x and it crashes, try switching to 64x, then close (and kill app), then relaunch game.

Also be sure to set the "Render Distance" to 12 chunks or lower (it's the default setting). Higher chunks may use more RAM and prevent the game from using high res textures.

Concerning the cocoa beans, it has been reported to Microsoft/Mojang in January, it affects all HD resourcepacks and should be fixed in next Minecraft Bedrock version. ;)
If you like a post give it a diamond! :arrow_heading_up:
Have you tried Cubik?
2 Posts

Post 27 Jul 2018, 18:25

Sphax wrote:
17 Jul 2018, 18:47
I tested on Switch with 64x as well as 128x and it works.

If you used 128x and it crashes, try switching to 64x, then close (and kill app), then relaunch game.

Also be sure to set the "Render Distance" to 12 chunks or lower (it's the default setting). Higher chunks may use more RAM and prevent the game from using high res textures.

Concerning the cocoa beans, it has been reported to Microsoft/Mojang in January, it affects all HD resourcepacks and should be fixed in next Minecraft Bedrock version. ;)
Thanks for the response, you are very helpful!

Unfortunately I am already set at only 4 chunk rendering and 128x texture resolution and still getting the crashes. I will try 64x and see if that fixes it

Edit: switched to 64x and the crashing seemed to have stopped. Thank you so much for this fix!