[Bug] BDcraft Font Bug On Signs

Archive of bug reports that have been completed or locked for various other reasons.
Note: This forum is visibly hidden from users, but is still searchable and readable.
Tastes Like Vanilla
55 Posts

Post 09 Jan 2015, 18:11

The BDcraft font is great but it looks a bit odd when on signs after Mojang added new sign spacing system where the character limit is based on character width and because the BDcraft font uses wider letters it sometimes removes letters that are supposed to be there.

PureBDcraft:

My personal font:
-- Mickey Joe, out!
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
BDcraft Web Admin
6615 Posts

Post 11 Jan 2015, 22:15

I would put it that it's up to Mojang to size text correctly so it's viewable as expected. Once again I'm not sure that resourcepack makers should be made to compromise on style because Mojang don't have any lateral thinking.

If it's not already on their Bug Tracker maybe raise a ticket? I can't imagine it's only BDcraft that suffers this.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
Tastes Like Vanilla
55 Posts

Post 13 Jan 2015, 14:43

Definitely not just PureBDcraft but it's the font I always use so I've only seen it occur with that pack.

Anyways..... I don't think Mojang will ever add that type of support to resource packs because resource packs are (in their eyes) only meant to change the way the game feels on a client's side; if someone else uses a different resource pack the game should function the exact same way.

Same reason why resource packs will never have the power to change hitboxes.

I'm afriad that since the new sign system is a game feature now it is a bug on the resource pack's side so to fix this the font will have to change. :/
-- Mickey Joe, out!
BDcraft Admin
578 Posts

Post 14 Jan 2015, 07:24 

Some letters of PureBDcraft font were resized to fit old Minecraft font because of the old system.
For future versions, I can resize the letters to their original width. In your example that's mainly the "_" and "0" that have a too big width
If you like a post give it a diamond! :arrow_heading_up:
Have you tried Cubik?