[Game Bug|Terraria] UpscaleBDcraft crashes

Found something odd, buggy, or things missing regarding our resourcepacks or website?
Do not post issues when using mods here.
4 Posts

Post 25 Jun 2020, 16:18

So I love BDCraft on Minecraft. So when I stumbled upon the HD upscale pack for Terraria I was obviously excited. Well I had zero issues with the download and installation. But did run into an issue. After playing the game using the pack successfully I naturally stopped to take a break or whatever. When attempting to re-open Terraria it hangs on black screen then an error box pops up for about half a second before disappearing very quickly, and the game closes itself completely. I have removed the texture pack from my texture pack folder and the game boots up as usual. I have re-downloaded and installed both Terraria itself and the pack. And the pack is the issue from what I can gather, but I don't know technical stuff and can't be 100% sure. Below is a direct copy/paste from the client crashlog. Hopefully it can help:

Code: Select all

6/25/2020 9:10:30 AM
Ionic.Zip.BadCrcException: CRC error: the file being extracted appears to be corrupted. Expected 0x50350669, Actual 0x5F10B0EA
   at Ionic.Zip.ZipEntry.VerifyCrcAfterExtract(Int32 actualCrc32)
   at Ionic.Zip.ZipEntry.InternalExtract(String baseDir, Stream outstream, String password)
   at ReLogic.Content.Sources.ZipContentSource.OpenStream(String assetName)
   at ReLogic.Content.AssetLoader.TryLoad[T](String assetName, IContentSource source, T& resultAsset)
   at ReLogic.Content.AssetRepository.TryLoadingAsset[T](Asset`1 asset, AssetRequestMode mode)
   at ReLogic.Content.AssetRepository.LoadAsset[T](Asset`1 asset, AssetRequestMode mode)
   at ReLogic.Content.AssetRepository.Request[T](String assetName, AssetRequestMode mode)
   at Terraria.Initializers.AssetInitializer.LoadAsset[T](String assetName, AssetRequestMode mode)
   at Terraria.Initializers.AssetInitializer.LoadTextures(AssetRequestMode mode)
   at Terraria.Initializers.AssetInitializer.LoadAssetsWhileInInitialBlackScreen()
   at Terraria.Main.<LoadContent_Deferred>d__1161.MoveNext()
   at Terraria.Main.DrawSplash(GameTime gameTime)
   at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)
   at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
   at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
BDcraft Web Admin
6590 Posts

Post 25 Jun 2020, 19:21 

This is a known bug in the game client.

Unpack the zip's contents in to a folder, and load that instead.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
4 Posts

Post 25 Jun 2020, 19:47

HanFox wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 19:21
This is a known bug in the game client.

Unpack the zip's contents in to a folder, and load that instead.
Oh I am sorry for being misinformed. Thank you!
1 Post

Post 11 Aug 2020, 20:08

When I installed the terraria upscale resource pack, I’ve got no problem, but when I quit, and reboot the game, it crash immediately after it boots, the only way for me to reboot the game, is to uninstall the texture pack, and then boot it...
BDcraft Web Admin
6590 Posts

Post 11 Aug 2020, 20:22

BIGOOF wrote:
11 Aug 2020, 20:08
When I installed the terraria upscale resource pack, I’ve got no problem, but when I quit, and reboot the game, it crash immediately after it boots, the only way for me to reboot the game, is to uninstall the texture pack, and then boot it...
I merged your post.

Please see my response earlier in this thread about how to fix this issue.
1 Post

Post 16 Nov 2020, 15:06

Dear divelopers, i recently downloaded PureBD texturepack for terraria first time it ran without any problems, but the second time i tried to run it the game whouldn't load and an error messege poped up saing that the zip,foluder was currupted, i had no other option but to delete the zip,foluder from the files,

It says:

Ionic.Zip.BadCrcException: CRC error: the file being extracted appears to be currupted.
BDcraft Web Admin
6590 Posts

Post 16 Nov 2020, 15:08

Ziellos wrote:
16 Nov 2020, 15:06
I merged your post.

Please see: bug-reports-f3/upscalebdcraft-crashes-t7771.html#p42172
1 Post

Post 18 Mar 2021, 18:19

I downloaded the texture pack UpscaleBDCraft and the first I started up the game, it was fine. After that the game just doesn't start fully. What happens is the first few frames of the Re-Logic screen comes up and stops when its very dim, then closes. I soon found out that the game does not like to start up with the UpscaleBDCraft texture pack installed. So what I have to do every time is take out the pack, launch the game, then put the pack back in. If this can be fixed with an update, that would be great, if not, that is alright, it is not a big issue.
BDcraft Web Admin
6590 Posts

Post 18 Mar 2021, 18:30

MadamNeko wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 18:19
I merged your post.

Please see: bug-reports-f3/upscalebdcraft-crashes-t7771.html#p42172
2 Posts

Post 03 Nov 2021, 17:03

Hi, Everyone I'm having issues with my terraria game as the UpscaleBDcraft texture pack crashes my game when ever i relaunch it, does anyone else having this issue, Any mods on here of the texture pack can you reply to my post 😪

The crash happened today at 4:55 PM and tried fixing it by reinstalling the game files and than tried to launch it gives me a black screen and than crashes and NO I don't have a pirated copy of the game and I I'm not dumb on how to install resource packs, The only solution was to go to texture pack folder of terraria 1.4 and delete the pack than it works fine