Sphax 128x patch not working for FTB Unleashed. Help

General help with our resourcepacks, our website, or Minecraft - including mods.
3 Posts

Post 29 Sep 2013, 16:41

So this is my first post on here and i'm new to the forums so sorry if I did something wrong here.

I'm trying to get the Sphax texture pack for FTB Unleashed but every time I download the MC 1.5.2 128x. Then i got to FTB Unleashed under the Mods-Packs section of the Patch tab and download 128x 0.1.0 and i have tried the 128-ish version. Every time I get the patch downloaded and start up Unleashed, my game crashes. I have used a lot of tutorials and followed the steps so i'm pretty sure that's not it. Anybody having the same problem or can help? Thanks!
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
BDcraft Web Admin
6618 Posts

Post 29 Sep 2013, 17:02

*moved to Help Center*

If you're using Optifine it may be crashing because of an Optifine bug, but generally I believe the game should at least start if that were the case.

You can try assigning more RAM to FTB, but if that doesn't work you'll need to try a lower resolution of the textures.

Few people can get away with using anything about 64x+ with modpacks currently.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
3 Posts

Post 01 Oct 2013, 22:32

It'll start but after I choose the texture pack, it crashes.
Patch Contributor
290 Posts

Post 02 Oct 2013, 11:47

Crash log ??

I guess you're using optifine and it the texture limit it's hit?

If you switch to default and try and change to Sphax in game just it just ignore the Sphax pack and stay on default?
3 Posts

Post 02 Oct 2013, 13:25 

Yeah, I fixed it. Turns out i had an outdated Java version and a 32-bit Java. So i downloaded 54-bit Java, truned up the RAM on the launcher, and used the 64x Sphax, now it works!!