Texture pack and patch do not load

General help with our resourcepacks, our website, or Minecraft - including mods.
2 Posts

Post 03 Oct 2013, 01:40

I just installed the Tekkit Launcher (build 253) and attempted to add the Sphax PureBDcraft texture pack. I have followed the instructions given in the "How to Install" page (link) but when I attempt to select the texture pack in Tekkit, the default Minecraft texture pack remains.

I did see the previous thread describing a similar issue (link) and attempted using a lower resolution version of the texture pack. I did not attempt to allocate extra RAM to Minecraft.

I have attempted to use resolutions 128x128, 64x64, 32x32, and 16x16, with no sucess. The texture packs are in the folder that opens directly from the "Texture Packs" screen when in-game. I have observed, however, that the Technic launcher file structure is different from the one in the "How to Install" video by Mindcrafters, which complicates following HanFox's other tip of deleting the clay folder difficult.

I have uploadedimages of my Technic folder here. Pleaes let me know if any additional views would be helpful.
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
Former Staff
1033 Posts

Post 03 Oct 2013, 14:52

Deleting the clay textures has to do with the Sphax texture pack archive structure which has not changed. Instead of selecting the texture pack inside tekkit, why not select it within minecraft? Make sure your texture pack is inside the texturepacks folder (I assume you're using MC 1.5).

I also assume that minecraft runs fine with the default textures.
4 Posts

Post 07 Oct 2013, 15:39

Similar issue here, although not identical.

Downloaded the 32x pack. Patched in the FTB Unleashed pack, due to there not being one for the DW20 pack.

Try to swap to the modpack, it freezes up for a bit as it does when swapping tex packs, then unfreezes and doesn't change the texture pack.

I have Optifine installed, as noted I am using the Unleashed Pack patch and the Direwolf20 1.5 modpack. I cranked up the RAM it's allowed to use up to 7GB, and no change. Also tried deleting the DartCraft folder, since it ain't in DW20. No help.

I'm beginning to believe that this is not, actually, a RAM issue in this case. I mean it's the x32, come on.

Any hints?
Former Staff
1033 Posts

Post 07 Oct 2013, 21:56

Are you using Optifine? If so, remove it and see if it loads up properly.
4 Posts

Post 08 Oct 2013, 03:17

Okay. Disabling Optifine let me swap texture packs.

Tried re-enabling Optifine with the texture pack already active, and Minecraft crashed before getting to the main menu, but after the Mojang splash screen.

Is this just gonna be a case of me having one or the other, but not both?

I got the crash report here if it's decipherable at all.

https://pastebin.com/dCuJ6aQa
Former Staff
1033 Posts

Post 08 Oct 2013, 03:34 

Ah yes, the 1024 issue. Optifine can't load more then 1024 images in a single folder. It's on the devs TODO list, but I have no idea when it's actually going to be fixed. If you could post in the optifine thread about the 1024 limit, it might push for a quicker fix :)

Because of the textures all being separate files now, this issue needs to be a priority for the optifine developer. I hope he realizes that.
4 Posts

Post 09 Oct 2013, 02:22

Aww, bugger. And since this is for an older version of Minecraft, it's not exactly likely they're gonna fix it for this version.

Ah well. Thanks anyway! I feel more educated now. Is it 1024 images in TOTAL within the modpack?
Former Staff
1033 Posts

Post 09 Oct 2013, 08:30

No, just per folder it seems. The folder in which contains the actual images, like the "items" or "blocks" folders within the mods folder hierarchy.
4 Posts

Post 10 Oct 2013, 15:21

Well, then logically if I find the folders with more than 1024 images and trim 'em, it should work.

Thanks again! I really do feel educated now.