Trouble getting Sphax PureBDcraft textures into Tekkit Lite

General help with our resourcepacks, our website, or Minecraft - including mods.
20 Posts

Post 07 Oct 2013, 16:12

Hello, I am "very new" to the minecraft world and after having successfully installing the Sphax Pure BDcraft texture pack I thought this couldn’t be much of a problem. Well I was wrong. I have read so many guides and watched so many confusing YouTube videos I am just frustrated.
This is what I am trying to do. I have downloaded the Tekkit Launcher and am playing Tekkit Lite thru the launcher. I have downloaded the texture pack Sphax PureBDcraft 128x128 from https://bdcraft.net/download-bdcraft-texturepacks under the MC1.4.7 like all the guides say, then downloaded the Add-on pack for 128x from https://bdcraft.net/patch-details?i=5-Tekkit+Lite and drag the add-on into the texture pack. Then I open Tekkit Lite and go to Texture Pack and choose to browse the folder and I paste the modified texture pack into the modified folder. Instantly you see the Sphax TP available in the Minecraft screen. I choose it (takes a min to load) then load a single player game. None of the texture are there except the volcanic rock.

Now where I think there is some confusion is there seems to be LOTS of different versions of things you need to combine. I think that is the problem, well my problem. I believe I am maybe grabbing the wrong files and joining them. I have tried numerous combos. I originally thought since I have Minecraft version 1.6.4. Installed that I would need to use the latest versions but when that didn’t work I just started researching and that led to more confusion. I don’t understand what the snapshot download is or if I need the installer.
If anyone could help me get this texture pack working I would greatly appreciate it. Oh and we are using the Tekkit Lite server to play local if that matters.

Viro
Former Staff
1033 Posts

Post 07 Oct 2013, 22:06 

For starters, I'm not too familiar with Tekkit lite but there are a few things you need to be aware of. Minecraft 1.6 uses the resourcepacks folder as a texturepacks folder. Make sure you know exactly what version of Minecraft you're actually running. Next thing, make sure the textures you're downloading are the same version as the tekkit lite version you're using, otherwise they will not work under any circumstance.

Once you have the correct versions of everything, then you can begin to find out where your problem is. Do not mix-match versions when you haven't even deduced yet which versions actually work with your current setup.