128x And Higher Texture/Resource Packs Do Not Work D:

General help with our resourcepacks, our website, or Minecraft - including mods.
6 Posts

Post 07 Jul 2013, 18:38

So obviously Sphax PureBDCraft for 1.6 is only out for 128x atm this would be good but on my computer every time i load any 128x or higher texture packs/resource packs it loads for a while then switches back to the default texture :( pls help I'm using the converted 1.5 Sphax atm and it hasn't got any random mobs or some of the new textures :( pls help

If this is needed here is my computer specifications:
4GB RAM
Intel Pentium D CPU 2.80 GHz
Intel 82945G Express Chipset Family Graphics Adapter

If it doesn't work because of my computer specifications pls can someone tell me a way to FORCE it to work??

Thanks,
the_cows

Note: I can use 64x Texture/Resource Packs fine and I also use MCPatcher so the random mobs wouldn't work because of that.
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
BDcraft Web Admin
6590 Posts

Post 07 Jul 2013, 18:51

It switches back because you're running out of RAM. You can try assigning more but it's likely you just can't use 128x+.

RandomMob textures reside in /assets/minecraft/mcpatcher/mob in 1.6. So if you take the contents of the mob folder in your converted pack and place it there it should work.

As for any missing new textures you'll have to either wait for the other resolutions to be released or take the ones from the 128x pack and resize them using something such as GIMP.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
6 Posts

Post 07 Jul 2013, 18:56

Ill try assigning more RAM i usually play with my full 4GB of RAM anyway but I haven't recently because I've been running my server offline to do stuff on it.

Thanks for the RandomMob thing I didn't know that converting it would do that.

Thanks for this 1 aswell

Ill post if assigning more RAM works
Thanks,
the_cows

-- 07 Jul 2013, 19:00 --

I have tried applying 4GB of RAM to it and it still doesn't work. I googled it b4 i posted on here and someone explained that it was a type of safe guard to stop your computer from selecting it as it might lag a lot. Is there some way to bypass or remove this?

Thanks,
the_cows
BDcraft Web Admin
6590 Posts

Post 07 Jul 2013, 19:03

There's no such safeguard. If you have a 64bit OS and 64bit Java you can technically assign upwards of 64GB if you have it available.

However, if you only have 4GB total system memory Java won't be able to assign that much due to the OS using 512MB-1024MB itself (it's not a safeguard though. It's just not technically possible).
6 Posts

Post 07 Jul 2013, 19:05

Also is there a way to resize the textures with something such as Microsoft Paint or Paint.NET because the GIMP installer is very large (85MB) and i can't download it as im using my phone's data as a tether for my computer.

Thanks,
the_cows

-- 07 Jul 2013, 19:06 --

Ok thanks for that but when i try to apply my 4GB of RAM it seems to work i press F3 and it shows that 4GB is applied so is this actuallly using the 4GB or not?

Thanks,
the_cows
BDcraft Web Admin
6590 Posts

Post 07 Jul 2013, 19:07 

You can use Paint.NET, but it may not look very good. Better than nothing though, right? :P

If it thinks it's assigned than it has the ability to use the 4GB, yes.
BDcraft Admin
578 Posts

Post 07 Jul 2013, 19:09

rekrom12 wrote:
Also is there a way to resize the textures with something such as Microsoft Paint or Paint.NET because the GIMP installer is very large (85MB) and i can't download it as im using my phone's data as a tether for my computer.
It would be easier to convert the latest 1.5 resolution to 1.6 instead. or wait for the 64x be released for 1.6. ;)
If you like a post give it a diamond! :arrow_heading_up:
Have you tried Cubik?
6 Posts

Post 07 Jul 2013, 19:12

HanFox wrote:
You can use Paint.NET, but it may not look very good. Better than nothing though, right? :P

If it thinks it's assigned than it has the ability to use the 4GB, yes.
Sphax wrote:
It would be easier to convert the latest 1.5 resolution to 1.6 instead. or wait for the 64x be released for 1.6. ;)
Could u tell me how to do these pls?

Thanks,
the_cows

-- 07 Jul 2013, 19:18 --

Oh the converting thing? I done that but i really want the new textures just realised what u meant by that, Sphax xD

Also Is there some way to force 128x Textures to work or not?

Thanks,
the_cows

-- 07 Jul 2013, 19:26 --

Ok nvm just worked out how to resize

Thanks for your help and if someone does have a way to force it to work pls post ;)

Thanks Again,
the_cows
BDcraft Web Admin
6590 Posts

Post 07 Jul 2013, 19:33

I've already told you there's no way to "force" it. You can't physically make it just work as it's using up the RAM.

Either way, glad you got it working as you liked.

Also, Sphax, stop replying to things without reading the other posts :P
BDcraft Admin
578 Posts

Post 07 Jul 2013, 19:56

HanFox wrote:
Also, Sphax, stop replying to things without reading the other posts :P
Sorry mister, that happens sometimes, when I'm on Mobile. -.-
If you like a post give it a diamond! :arrow_heading_up:
Have you tried Cubik?