Alternate Static Textures glitching

General help with our resourcepacks, our website, or Minecraft - including mods.
5 Posts

Post 25 Jun 2015, 14:20

Hi,
So, I was messing around with Biomes O' Plenty and ExtraBiomesXL (MC1.7.10), and making my own resource pack based on Sphax (bc I didn't have internet and was bored). At one point, I used the static texture for netherrack and the grass overlays to create the Overgrown Netherrack block; however this didn't look very good with the default Sphax netherrack, which is dynamic. Thinking it would be an easy fix, I just moved the static alternate into the main textures folder, removed netherrack.png.mcmeta, and booted my game; However all I got was the purple/black glitch texture. Thinking it might have been because of the mods, I attempted to do the same thing in MC1.8.7 with NO mods (not even OptiFine or MCPatcher), and found the same result. Additionally, I tried it both with and without the netherrack.png.mcmeta file, still getting the glitch texture. This also happens with Nether Quartz Ore, Soul Sand, and even Glowstone. I know I said the issue started with a modpack but it also appears in Vanilla... and the weirdest part is the mod texture I made with the static texture worked fine. Any Help or suggestions? (the Attatched file IS vanilla minecraft, sorry about poor quality-256 KiB max kinda killed it).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
BDcraft Web Admin
6615 Posts

Post 25 Jun 2015, 21:20 

Just tested and works fine. Removed the animated netherrack and deleted the mcmeta. Moved the static version over and it's fine.

In all fairness it can't just break unless the files where the wrong "shape" (i.e. the textures were not square). So I can only imagine you've moved the static version and, even though you say otherwise, have not removed the relevant mcmeta.

Make sure you're also fully reloading the textures (F3+T in a world or a full game reload) when you're making changes.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
5 Posts

Post 26 Jun 2015, 02:57

I downloaded a fresh PureBDcraft, and changed how I edited it. At first I was just copying the files, allowing Windows to replace the old ones with the new. Instead of that, I actively deleted the files and then moved in the new ones. I then completely deleted the blocks folder in the zip and replaced it with the new one (I initially extracted in order to make the changes). This seems to have worked, surprisingly. I don't know what was happening but everything seems to be fine now. I didn't think to do it this way (shortcuts are the spice of life!) until I read that you did them as separate steps. Thanks for your time!