Problem using TP Patches

General help with our resourcepacks, our website, or Minecraft - including mods.
8 Posts

Post 11 Jul 2013, 05:37

I tried to post this in the support forums and also searched for the last 30 minutes for a solution on here and couldnt find anything. If there is already a post about this with a solution I apologize! pls direct me in the right area! :)

When I try to patch hexxit, if one of the mods listed below are in there respective folders when i select the texture pack that has been patched with them, once it finishes loading it automatically goes back to the default texture pack that comes with minecraft. I have tried alot of things to fix this, matter of fact this post was the size of a good book before i resorted to this last step and singled out the mod patches that werent working correctly.
anyone know how to fix this? Thanks so much in advanced to anyone who can be of some help here! I have optifine and even reinstalled hexxit completely and reinstalled the current 1.5.2 optifine and that wasnt the problem HD textures are working fine just for some reason these 4 patches are being stubborn! ALSO, the patches are working in 32x/64x with the mods that have been resized to those resolutions! just having a problem with these mods!

I have thought about going in the actual mod folder and replacing the default textures with the sphax ones but I am not sure if that will work or not. Id have to back them up and ive spent the last hour going through these patches. need a good break before I move forward!

I went through each patch and added them..if they worked i kept them and moved on, if they did not work I removed them and went on. Trial and error and here are the list of the mod patches that do not work on my end. I will list the structure of the mod patches, maybe they are just structured wrong, I dunno!

Natura

(Sphax Main Folder)>>mods>>Natura>>textures>>blocks, items
---------------------
Extrabiomes

(Sphax Main Folder)>>mods>>ExtrabiomesXL>>textures>>Blocks, Items, Models
---------------------
Tinkers Construct

(Sphax Main Folder)>>mods>>tinker>>textures>>blocks, Items, mob
---------------------
HarkenScythe

(Sphax Main Folder)>>(Mods)>>(mod_HarkenScythe)>>(textures)>>blocks, gui, items, models---------------------
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
BDcraft Admin
578 Posts

Post 11 Jul 2013, 09:20

This problem is generally due to not enough RAM to handle all textures. Have you tried allocating more RAM to JAVA or Minecraft?
If you like a post give it a diamond! :arrow_heading_up:
Have you tried Cubik?
8 Posts

Post 12 Jul 2013, 09:31 

Yea, I allowed it to have anywhere between 2 and 4 gb of ram at a time. oddly enough I find it runs alot smoother the closer to 1gb I allow it to have.

I did figure this much out. I found the 64x version of some of the ones that werent working properly and it started working. Just going to use them until a full release of this modpack has come ou(if it ever will).

But, thanks! Im still not sure why it wont work. I can use 128x with feed the beast along with its respective modpack patch and it works fine.