Textures missing or inccorect (128x & 256x)

General help with our resourcepacks, our website, or Minecraft - including mods.
8 Posts

Post 09 Oct 2016, 00:29

I am having some issues with my texture pack where the two-slab cobblestone block either doesn't show at all on four sides (128x), or shows a kind of version of the double stone slab block. I have downloaded the packs again and installed and I have reordered them in the list (which fixed a different problem but now I have this problem).

Any recommendations for how to fix this? Pics below. Thanks! :D

128x
Show

256x
Show
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
BDcraft Web Admin
6590 Posts

Post 09 Oct 2016, 10:51

What packs are you using exactly? Are you using any mods?
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
8 Posts

Post 09 Oct 2016, 16:22

HanFox wrote:
What packs are you using exactly? Are you using any mods?
Packs
  • PureBDCraft Damaged Items 1.10
  • PBDC More 3D Items 1.10
  • PBDC More 3D Blocks 1.10
  • PBDC Extra Optifine
  • PBDC Customisation (I just installed this yesterday and the problem existed prior)
  • PBDC 256x or 128x

Mods
  • Forge 1.10.2
  • World Edit
  • Xaero's Minimap
  • Xaero's World Map
  • Optifine 1.10.2 HD U C3
  • world edit cui
  • world edit wrapper
  • world downloader
  • KUDA shader pack (problem exists with it on or off)
Since you mentioned Mods I decided to try a game with zero mods loaded and the problem went away. I removed everything except Optifine and Forge and I still had the problem. Once I removed Optifine, the problem was fixed. The problem persists with Alternate Blocks: On or Off. I tried turning some of the other settings related to block textures on and off, but there was no change. If I run the game with just Optifine and the Resource Packs (no Forge nor other mods) the problem persists.

I'm not sure what to do to fix it other than avoid double-slab cobblestones :P
BDcraft Web Admin
6590 Posts

Post 09 Oct 2016, 16:38

Double slabs when using ExOF display "weirdly" because they're used for extra building aesthetics (such as a half bricks and such on a corner of a building/around a door). That's not a bug, it just looks odd if you stack 2 slabs.

As for the missing texture in 128x that makes no sense to me as I just downloaded the 128x pack and ExOF from the site and it works fine.

Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
Got Grungey First
385 Posts

Post 09 Oct 2016, 16:46 

The double slab feature is part of Extra Optifine, and allows for more modern looking buildings such as this: Image
However, if this behaviour is not desired, simply delete the folder

Code: Select all

assets\minecraft\mcpatcher\ctm\extra_of\bricks
inside the Extra Optifine ZIP. This will disable the feature, and all double slabs will be returned to normal.

As for the issue with 128x, this is likely a mistake I made when implementing. The features have recently been revamped anyway, so I don't believe it will occur next release. Hope this helps :)

Edit: since Han doesn't appear to experience the issue with 128x, I'm not quite sure what to tell you. If you wanted to, you could set MC to leave the launcher open, and find the error log within that?
8 Posts

Post 09 Oct 2016, 16:59

Ah, okay! I was expecting the texture to be consistent on all six sides so I assumed it was a mistake. I will just leave the missing texture for 128x out and perhaps it won't be an issue in the future.

Thank you both for the help! :love: