Thaumcraft Silverwood Planks break (too many textures?)

General help with our resourcepacks, our website, or Minecraft - including mods.
3 Posts

Post 07 Jul 2018, 09:37

Hello,

So I've been playing with the Sphax Texture packs in a custom Direwolf20 1.12 modpack, and it seems that whenever I add more resource packs (beyond the 6 I have now), it breaks the connective textures on Silverwood planks (from Thaumcraft). The planks themselves are default texture, but have the same issue when I apply Sphax Thaumcraft.

Since my house is 40% Silverwood planks, I'd really like to solve this issue. I have noticed that the latest version of Optifine is not compatible with my Forge Version (14.23.3.2691), and I cannot seem to get MCPatcher to work. I am playing through Twitch.

Please help,
Thank you.
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
BDcraft Web Admin
6590 Posts

Post 07 Jul 2018, 12:32

I wasn't aware Thaumcraft had any connected texture support. It definitely won't be using Optifine to do it and MCPatcher has been dead for years.

It's not really possible that adding more textures would break anything like this unless an added texture overrides the old one -- you would need to check the mod.jar and compare it to your textures.

Maybe post in the Thaumcraft WIP thread: https://bdcraft.net/community/pbdc-patch ... t1114.html
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
3 Posts

Post 10 Jul 2018, 12:10

Okay, I will give their thread a shot and look through the mod.jar file. Thank you
3 Posts

Post 12 Jul 2018, 08:00 

I think I've figured out the issue!

So I'm using the ConnectedTexturesMod and evidently it must have been out of date because I was getting odd crashes upon opening chest inventories, so I asked r/feedthebeastcrashes about it and someone told me to update that mod.

The update resolved the crashing issues and I just tried the Ironchests Sphax pack and it worked without destroying my Silverwood planks textures.

So I think that's it. Does that sound like an accurate enough cause to the issues I had?