Textures reverting to default- Tried everything!

General help with our resourcepacks, our website, or Minecraft - including mods.
1 Post

Post 01 Sep 2018, 05:09

Hello! I've been having troubles with using the PureBDCraft textures with modpack addons. I am running Minecraft 1.12.2 with ~30 mods. Currently, the only modpacks that I have downloaded PureBD addons for are listed below, with links to the texture packs I have installed for them, and versions of the mods that I have in my game. I am running them at 64x.

Show

I am also using the supplied PureBDCraft addons:

Show
3D Items Addon
3D Blocks Addon
Damaged Items Addon
Music Pack
Sounds Pack

The mods run fine on their own, and I have gotten all of the texture packs and addons to work together at 128x without Tinker's Construct. The moment I add in Tinker's Construct, the textures revert to default.
My computer has 16GB of RAM available, and I normally have ~6GB allocated to Minecraft due to the amount of mods and the occasional shaders that I use (I am not attempting to run PureBD addons with shaders). I have tried upping the allocated RAM to 12GB, with no results. I then attempted to lower the texture resolution to 64x, and am still having the same problem.
Finally, I changed my dedicated VRAM from 128MB to 256MB, but the problem persists. In case it is a mod conflict issue, the rest of the mods I have installed are listed under the spoiler.

Show
All mods are for Minecraft 1.12.2, I am using Forge Modloader:
Chickens 6.1.0
CodeChickenLib 3.1.5.331-universal
CustomMobSpawner 3.11.4
DrZharks MoCreatures 12.0.5
ElevatorMod 1.3.6
GentleHarvest b1
Gravestone 1.10.1
Hatchery 2.1.2
HWYLA 1.8.26 B41
Install-ASM-All-5.2
Inventory Tweaks 1.63
JEI 4.11.0.212
Mantle 1.3.2.24
MoreChickens 3.1.0
NEI 2.4.1.238
Optifine HD U E2 1.12.2
VeinMiner 0.38.2.647
Zaeros Minimap 1.15.3

Is this a hardware limitation, or am I not seeing something obvious that should be fixed? I have installed the addons exactly following the tutorials. I have even attempted to manually replace the mod textures with the HD textures, which.. as you may have guessed, did not work to my favor, and I quickly reinstalled the default mods and kept fiddling with resource packs. In case they are needed, here are my computer's specs:

Show
Acer Predator G3-572
Processor: Intel Core i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz
Installed RAM: 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 630 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060

EDIT: I have also tried changing my default graphics from Integrated to NVIDIA, but this did not help.
BDcraft Web Admin
6615 Posts

Post 01 Sep 2018, 13:03 

It's likely that you just can't make the texture atlas size required to load the textures with your hardware due to limitations of said hardware. Minecraft builds a big atlas of all blocks and items in RAM and then moves it to VRAM.

You'll need to try lower resolution textures.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin