Minecraft crashing upon start up

General help with our resourcepacks, our website, or Minecraft - including mods.
3 Posts

Post 27 Dec 2018, 23:13

Every time i load up minecraft it crashes and says this:
The game crashed whilst initializing game
The game crashed whilst initializing game
Error: ddk: Unable to fit: minecraft:block/lava_flow - size: 256x256 - Maybe try a lowerresolution resourcepack?

I am using the 128x texturepack for version 1.13 and i have used packs of that resolution in the past that have worked. I removed the pack from the folder and it is still crashing.
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
BDcraft Web Admin
6614 Posts

Post 27 Dec 2018, 23:19

Each version of Minecraft adds more textures, which require more resources. Version to version you may find you can no longer use 128x if you don't upgrade your computer. More textures may also be added if you're using OptiFine for features there.

Sometimes disabling Mipmaps in the Video options can help, and if you're using OptiFine disabling Connected Textures.

Otherwise you'll just have to use 64x instead.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
3 Posts

Post 28 Dec 2018, 00:13

HanFox wrote:
27 Dec 2018, 23:19
Each version of Minecraft adds more textures, which require more resources. Version to version you may find you can no longer use 128x if you don't upgrade your computer. More textures may also be added if you're using OptiFine for features there.

Sometimes disabling Mipmaps in the Video options can help, and if you're using OptiFine disabling Connected Textures.

Otherwise you'll just have to use 64x instead.
i went to 64x now it just doesnt accept the texture pack at all every time i try to activate the 64x it just kicks it off and doesnt use it and when i restarted minecraft it began crashing the same way again and i am not using optifine or mods
BDcraft Web Admin
6614 Posts

Post 28 Dec 2018, 00:15 

If it's just going back to default that sounds like a RAM issue. Try assigning more to Minecraft.

Otherwise you'll have to post your latest.log from your logs folder when trying to use the 64x pack.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
3 Posts

Post 28 Dec 2018, 00:25

HanFox wrote:
28 Dec 2018, 00:15
If it's just going back to default that sounds like a RAM issue. Try assigning more to Minecraft.

Otherwise you'll have to post your latest.log from your logs folder when trying to use the 64x pack.
I decided just to completely reinstall minecraft and that seemed to work and i think ill just leave it at that for now, didnt want to have more problems keep popping up and having to deal with this forever. Thanks for the help though. :)