Weird texture loading issue

General help with our resourcepacks, our website, or Minecraft - including mods.
Supporter
26 Posts

Post 02 Apr 2020, 00:33

I've come across a weird issue with using Sphax texture pack for Minecraft version 1.15 as I've just started looking at the Valhelsia 2 mod pack. While playing it I've only downloaded and loaded the sphax texture packs for Minecraft and Biome's O' Plenty both 128x and 64x.

The issue I'm having is that some random Minecraft textures are not being changed to the sphax textures, instead of everything else around my character looks all sphaxified except for random Minecraft mobs or plants etc which stay as the default Minecraft textures. Like right now all the cows and most chickens are showing the default Minecraft textures instead of sphax. Now if I'm in creative mode and use a cow spawner I've had one or two show up in the sphax texture and the rest just good old Minecraft default texture. I've also noticed in the base that the Minecraft mushrooms were rendering as the default Minecraft texture.

I have like 16Gb of RAM and I've given Minecraft anywhere between 4Gb to 10Gb of RAM and used both the 64K and 128K texture packs for Minecraft and BOP just to cover all the bases. I've also restarted Minecraft, reinstalled the modpack, the textures packs etc. I don't think it is the modpack but can't rule it out as I think I've struck this issue with another 1.15 modpack or just vanilla Minecraft 1.15.

It's not a major issue but I was just curious to see if anyone else has struck it and been able to fix it.
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
BDcraft Web Admin
6615 Posts

Post 02 Apr 2020, 08:11

Your latest.log and a screenshot of your resourcepacks screen may help.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
Supporter
26 Posts

Post 02 Apr 2020, 11:16

Oh right worry I got a tad sidetracked trying to troubleshoot and forgot to add the obvious.

Screenhot

Latest.log

Not sure if you prefer the use of pastebin as I didn't want to paste the whole log here even though it's tiny in comparison to other logs. I used imgur for the screenshot for the same reason as I didn't want to make the post look messy or break anything. If you need more info let me know.
BDcraft Web Admin
6615 Posts

Post 02 Apr 2020, 11:27

Erm, not sure what that log is, but there's no actual useful information in it. You need to find the one that talks about loading resources like the BDcraft pack, and mods.

Also, I asked for a screenshot of the resourcepack screen, not the in-game issue :sweat_smile:
Supporter
26 Posts

Post 02 Apr 2020, 11:46

Opps my bad, as for the log that is the latest.log, when I opened and had a look I thought this can't be right. Alright give me a few moments and I'll see if I can get it right lol.

Right rather than paste a new post I'll just add on to this one:

Log

Resourcepack Screenshot
BDcraft Web Admin
6615 Posts

Post 02 Apr 2020, 12:36 

It pretty probable that anything that isn't textured is from a mod. It seems like you have a "what am I looking at sort of mod", so you could probably just look at the untextured stuff and find out what they're form.

You'll need to check through and make sure you're not missing any patches. In the very least you should find out which mods add what, and maybe you can disable variants if you don't want them.

Even with massive modpatches for modpacks there are always missing textures. Not enough people work on patches. Novamanga can't be expected to do everything :P
Supporter
26 Posts

Post 02 Apr 2020, 12:55

Yeah, I did that and all the textures that aren't working 100% are the Minecraft ones which I find really weird. I spent hours going thru the mods and their configs as well as researching to see if it could be but I came up with nothing. It's looking like there might be a mod that could be interfering with the Minecraft textures. it seems to only affect Cows as there look to be more than one or two designs of them (Black and white or brown and white etc). Same with the Chickens as you have Brown, Black, off white/ yellowish ones. It's not a big issue really, just enough to drive me a little crazy as the perfectionist or the OCD in me acts up lol. As far as I can see it doesn't affect the sheep and kinda effects the pigs but nowhere near as much as the Cows and Chickens. Might get the odd pig here and there still showing up with the default Minecraft textures.

As for Novamanga, we could expect him to do everything but we are too nice to start cracking the whip and expect him to be some form of Sphax/ Minecraft diety or whatever lol *hides a whip behind his back and whistles innocently*

I'll probably slowly create my own patch for it as they are released etc. I'm in no hurry as I'm still playing StoneBlock 2 atm and just curious to see what sort of modpacks are available for 1.15.2.