Player Skins

General help with our resourcepacks, our website, or Minecraft - including mods.
2 Posts

Post 20 Apr 2020, 17:25

Great theme first of all, my son and I play it and are enjoying it.

I saw the recent post on the purebd hd player skins not working/showing and always showing default skins. But...

When we started a realm server earlier this morning I could see HIS HD skin on my computer but he saw MINE as default. So after trying to reload packs and fiddle with things, now both of us have default skins. I looked at the pony mod but once you launch with the Fabric installer it puts MC out of date and cant run a realm server. So I kinda gave up at this point and really dont want to use default cause your guys player skins are awesome.

Is there any other way to play with ANY high def skins at this point without having to jump through all these hoops?
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
BDcraft Web Admin
6615 Posts

Post 20 Apr 2020, 19:32 

No, Minecraft doesn't support HD skins natively (when you see the ones from the pack it's just a fallback the game does, usually for offline players -- which isn't even possible in a Realm), so you're stuck using a third party mod.

The only mod I'm aware of, as I stated in the other thread is MLP, but as you've likely discovered it's for MC1.15, and I imagine your Realm is probably MC1.16.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
2 Posts

Post 20 Apr 2020, 19:38

Alrighty, thanks for the reply and keep up the good work :)