Crashing on Switch

General help with our resourcepacks, our website, or Minecraft - including mods.
4 Posts

Post 19 Dec 2020, 05:42

I had alot of trouble last year because I moved minecraft to SD Card. Come to find out my switch wouldnt read between the system and card. So make sure this hasnt happened. All game data is on the system and not a SDcard because it wont work right being on a card for some reason.

Since the newest update of minecraft vanilla has not worked at all. Once a major data load happened to fast, it would freeze with error. Sometimes I could play for 20 mins, other times 2 mins.
So I switched to purecraft. It worked fine until the hotfix .201 the other day, mid dec 2020. Now pure doesnt work at all and crashes within mins of starting the world. I made sure everything was on system memory and not SD Card, all is updated and redownloading hasnt helped either. I hope for a fix soon I love the textures and paid $ to use them. Heartbreaking playing normal textures and takes my pleasure out of playing minecraft.

Good job on the packs bdcraft push mincraft to get it done please the best you can anyways, I'm sure we all wanna play with what we paid for. Thanks for all Merry Christmas.
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
4 Posts

Post 19 Dec 2020, 05:49

HanFox wrote:
08 Dec 2020, 21:27
There was an update to Minecraft today, 8th December, to version 1.16.200 which may fix this issue.

It'd be great if someone who had the crashing issue could confirm if it's resolved or not :)
No vanilla is still crashing on me and pure has started crashing since the dec. 8th hotfix .201 for switch. Pure was working on my system now neither work. I'm experimenting with different settings to see if something changes. I'll let you know if it does.
Thanks for ur guys time n effort.

Why a time limit between post??? Makes no sense at all.
4 Posts

Post 19 Dec 2020, 06:08

HanFox wrote:
08 Dec 2020, 21:27
There was an update to Minecraft today, 8th December, to version 1.16.200 which may fix this issue.

It'd be great if someone who had the crashing issue could confirm if it's resolved or not :)
I'm using a Nintendo Switch btw. Not sure about xbox or ps.
I cant get vanilla to work at all crashes almost immediately after loading world or within a few mins of load.

Purecraft I got to work BUT ONLY LOADING the HD textures. Do not load the Purecraft HD UI!. The the UI! Loaded with the texture will crash after a few mins of playing. So far I've destroyed 1k blocks and been playing for 20 mins or so now and havent had one problem. This is the only thing I have loaded for resources packs along with the default mc graphic u cant remove. Just those 2 and pure seems to be working fine.

UPDATE:
after the 3rd auto save it frooze and will not load again. So purecraft only worked for 30 mins or so. Once the 3rd save started it locked up when u try to restart ur world it will crash as soon as u move. 5x in a row now.... Idk. Sucks I'll just have to put minecraft on back burner till its fixed.
BDcraft Web Admin
6590 Posts

Post 19 Dec 2020, 11:48 

As no one else has been posting crash issues for quite a while I've split your posts from the Bug Report you posted in.

It would appear it may be specific to you, or at least just Switch.

When you say vanilla, do you mean normal Mojang textures? If so, you may want to try reporting a bug directly to them: https://bugs.mojang.com
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
4 Posts

Post 20 Dec 2020, 23:04

HanFox wrote:
19 Dec 2020, 11:48
As no one else has been posting crash issues for quite a while I've split your posts from the Bug Report you posted in.

It would appear it may be specific to you, or at least just Switch.

When you say vanilla, do you mean normal Mojang textures? If so, you may want to try reporting a bug directly to them: https://bugs.mojang.com
No I'm talking about vanillacraft by bdcraft. I've been having problems since the sept update with the vanillacraft. Or I'm guessing so I didnt play it for a few months between sept and dec. So in dec when I syatyed minecraft there was immediately issues with the pack. Only when there is alot of data, apperently. I could run around for hours doing nothing with no problems, but once I built a house and started mining etc. It will crash constantly. So I switched to purecraft. It was perfect until hotfix .201 the other week as soon as the hotfix downloaded to my switch there were immediately problems with purecraft. Now purecraft doesn't work. When I do get it to work within 10-20 mins it will crash. I really think theres a problem with loading world data, that seems to be when it freezes. Yes it probably is just the switch. I wouldnt doubt it a bit. I've had alot of problems with minecraft and the switch. I'm planning on buying a different pack from a different maker to see if it will work instead. I've always been a bdcraft guy for 1800 hours of play but I cant stand to play the game in original textures. So we will see what happens. I really hope it's worked out soon.