Connected textures addon produces artefacting and completely missing textures

General help with our resourcepacks, our website, or Minecraft - including mods.
2 Posts

Post 19 Feb 2021, 08:35

without the addon for connected textures enabled, the game runs and looks fine, but as soon as i turn on connected textures my whole gameworld bugs out, i have tried reinstalling the texture pack, the addon, and optifine and have tried multiple different versions of minecraft so far. i have reordered my resource packs and have also changed just about every setting inside of optifine to no avail. i am running a minecraft server from the same PC and my friends running the same versions of optifine and the same versions of the resource pack and addon have no issues with the same settings. the resource packs run fine in singleplayer worlds, but not the server. im on miecraft 1.16.4 and the appropriate optifine with itImage Image Image Image Image
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
BDcraft Web Admin
6586 Posts

Post 19 Feb 2021, 09:17 

Try disabling Mipmap Levels.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
2 Posts

Post 19 Feb 2021, 09:26

thank you! would running the server on a separate PC let me turn my mipmapping levels up or is this not a server issue?
BDcraft Web Admin
6586 Posts

Post 19 Feb 2021, 09:46

Moving the server elsewhere won't make a difference.

Mipmapping is just poorly integrated in Minecraft and for the most part doesn't bring the benefits that it should. More often than not it just causes issues.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
1 Post

Post 08 Nov 2022, 06:42

For me this was an Aniostropic issue. I had maxed out both Aniostropic and Mipmap. I disabled Mipmap (slide all the way to the left) and the issue was still happening. I then disabled Aniostropic Filtering and the connected textures started working again.

MC Java 1.19.2 w/Spigot
RTX 3080, Intel CPU
x128 textures with CT pack