Pure BDCraft + Dynamic Trees

General help with our resourcepacks, our website, or Minecraft - including mods.
2 Posts

Post 04 Jun 2021, 10:00

Describe the bug
Grass Block under tree (Rooted Grass) have no texture (Pink/Black Squares) when using with Sphax BDCraft. Other blocks on which trees can grow are working as intended.

To Reproduce
Install Sphax Pure BDCraft. Install Dynamic Trees. Go to nearest Tree.

First tried to show this bug to DT developers, they tell it's Resource Pack problem. Link here.
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
BDcraft Web Admin
6590 Posts

Post 04 Jun 2021, 12:21 

Whilst technically neither a resourcepack bug nor a mod bug, as we're both just using basic vanilla features to make changes, I did decide to take a closer look at how to get around this.

As Sphax likes the tops of grass randomly rotated, but we don't want the bottom of the grass blocks to be randomly rotated I made quite a few changes to the grass_block blockstate and models at one point. However, we no longer use the vanilla grass_block after the changes, but I'd left the modified model behind.

The simple fix is to just delete the following file from the PureBDcraft resourcepack:

Code: Select all

/assets/minecraft/models/block/grass_block.json
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
2 Posts

Post 05 Jun 2021, 08:56

Giant, epic thanks to you, kind person!