Feed The Beat Revelation invisible grass blocks. (PureBDcraft 128x and 256x Minecraft Version 1.12)

General help with our resourcepacks, our website, or Minecraft - including mods.
7 Posts

Post 12 Jun 2021, 00:35

Ok you were right about this mod being the problem. And the whole game running out of ram thing. It's now working fine the trade off is that instead loading with only needing like 6.5GB of ram it now needs about 10GB. So I'm going to need to play around with it so I'm able to run a server as well as play. As a note this PC only has 16GB of ram. Some were done the line I'm hoping to upgrade to 32GB.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
Patch Creator
1498 Posts

Post 12 Jun 2021, 10:50 

So I have had a look at this issue in game and found the following thing after HanFox said Foamfix can cause issues. If you open the Foamfix config text file and find the following line:

# More optimized multipart model condition storage. Inspired by malte0811's research. [default: true]
B:smallModelConditions=true

By changing this to false, the invisible blocks return to normal. Not sure how this affects memory use or performance but it will fix the block issue.
If anyone would like to take over any of my threads please contact me. I will continue to host what I have done but expect no further updates.
7 Posts

Post 15 Jun 2021, 00:32

you are amazing to be able to work out that changing that one line fixes everything. How did you even work that out?:scream:
Supporter
26 Posts

Post 12 Jul 2021, 18:59

Novamanga wrote:
12 Jun 2021, 10:50
So I have had a look at this issue in game and found the following thing after HanFox said Foamfix can cause issues. If you open the Foamfix config text file and find the following line:

# More optimized multipart model condition storage. Inspired by malte0811's research. [default: true]

By changing this to false, the invisible blocks return to normal. Not sure how this affects memory use or performance but it will fix the block issue.

Hi there Novamanga ,

Sry but in the latest Foamfix 1.12.2 i can`t find anything about that. I will show you the Config itself.

Code: Select all

# Configuration file

client {
    # Clears caches on world unload a bit faster than usual. Prevents temporary memory leaks. More effective in Anarchy. [default: true]
    B:clearCachesOnWorldUnload=true

# Clears the baked models generated in the first pass *before* entering the second pass, instead of *after*. While this doesn't reduce memory usage in-game, it does reduce it noticeably during loading. [default: true]
    B:clearDuplicateModelRegistry=true

# Deduplicates IModels too. Takes a few seconds more, but shaves off another bit of RAM. [default: true]
    B:deduplicateModelBakers=true

# Deduplicates baked models. The original feature. [default: true]
    B:deduplicateModels=true

# The maximum amount of levels of recursion for the deduplication process. Smaller values will deduplicate less data, but make the process run faster. [default: 9, range: 1-2147483647]
    I:deduplicateModelsMaxRecursion=9

# Disables texture animations. [default: false]
    B:disableTextureAnimations=false

# Initialize the options.txt and forge.cfg files with rendering performance-friendly defaults if not present. [default: true]
    B:initOptions=true

# Makes vanilla creative tab search use JEI's lookups - saves a lot of RAM *and* gives you fancy JEI features! [default: true]
    B:jeiCreativeSearch=true

# Remove unnecessary data from a pointlessly cached ModelLoader instance. [default: true]
    B:modelLoaderCleanup=true

# Wipes the IModel cache after baking is finished. Saves a lot of RAM, as most IModels will not be reloaded. [default: true]
    B:wipeModelCache=true
}

coremod {
    # Stops certain non-Minecraft-related libraries from being ASM transformed. You shouldn't be transforming those anyway. [default: true]
    B:blacklistLibraryTransformers=true
    B:cacheShiftClickCrafting=false

# Make 3D forms of items be rendered dynamically and cached when necessary. [default: true]
    B:dynamicItemModels=true

# Optimizes ItemStack.isEmpty by removing a map lookup. Initially found by Aikar (Paper/0181). [default: true]
    B:fasterAirItemLookup=true

# Speeds up entity lookup by optimizing ClassInheritanceMultiMap.getByClass. [default: true]
    B:fasterEntityLookup=true

# Speeds up the hopper's calculations. [default: true]
    B:fasterHopper=true

# Optimizes blockstate property equals and hashCode methods. [default: true]
    B:fasterPropertyComparisons=true
    B:fixUnnecessaryGhostload=true

# Fixes the server not removing unloaded entities/tile entities if no chunkloaders are active. Thanks to CreativeMD for finding this! [default: true]
    B:fixWorldEntityCleanup=true

# Disables all coremod functionality. [default: false]
    B:forceDisable=false

# The amount of ticks per player presence check for mob spawners. Set to 1 to disable the patch and match vanilla behaviour. [default: 10, range: 1-200]
    I:mobSpawnerCheckSpeed=10

# Optimizes BlockPos mutable/immutable getters to run on the same variables, letting them be inlined and thus theoretically increasing performance. [default: true]
    B:optimizedBlockPos=true

# Fix a bug in chunk serialization leading to crashes. Originally found and fixed by Aaron1011 of Sponge. [default: true]
    B:patchChunkSerialization=true

# Replaces the default BlockState/ExtendedBlockState implementations with a far more memory-efficient variant. [default: true]
    B:smallPropertyStorage=true
}

debug {
    # Should FoamFix count and list baked models during deduplication, per mod? [default: false]
    B:countListBakedModels=false
}

experimental {
    B:cheapMinimumLight=true

# Optimizes the backing map for EntityDataManager, saving memory *and* CPU time! May cause issues, however - please test and report back! [default: false]
    B:fasterEntityDataManager=false
    B:fasterVertexLighter=true
    B:parallelModelBaking=false

# Unpacks all baked quads. Increases RAM usage, but might speed some things up. [default: false]
    B:unpackBakedQuads=false
}

general {
    # Enable deduplication of redundant objects in memory. [default: true]
    B:deduplicate=true
    B:patchChunkSerialization=true
}

ghostbuster {
    # Checks if worlds do not unload after a specified amount of time, and notifies the user if that is the case. [default: true]
    B:checkNonUnloadedWorldClients=true

# The amount of time FoamFix should wait for a world to be deemed non-unloaded. [default: 60, range: 10-3600]
    I:checkNonUnloadedWorldTimeout=60

# Custom patch rules. Format: 'className;methodName;accessAloadPos;posAloadPos;radius'. An AloadPos is the position of the argument in the method - 1 for the first one, 2 for the second one, ...; the radius determines how many blocks have to be around the method for no early return. Untested - please use with care.
    S:customPatchRulesRadius <
     >

# Wrap ChunkProviderServers to be able to provide the /ghostbuster command for debugging ghost chunkloads. [default: false]
    B:enableDebuggingWrapper=false

# For FoamFix debugging/development purposes only. [default: false]
    B:nonUnloadedWorldsForceGCOnCheck=false

# Should beds be prevented from ghost chunkloading? [default: true]
    B:patchBeds=true

# Should BoP grass be prevented from ghost chunkloading? [default: true]
    B:patchBopGrass=true

# Should farmland be prevented from ghost chunkloading? [default: true]
    B:patchFarmland=true

# Should fluids be prevented from ghost chunkloading? [default: true]
    B:patchFluids=true
    B:patchGrass=true

# Should the /ghostbuster debugger show neighbor updates? [default: false]
    B:wrapperShowsNeighborUpdates=false
}

launchwrapper {
    # Remove Launchwrapper package manifest map (which is not used anyway). [default: true]
    B:removePackageManifestMap=true

# Weaken LaunchWrapper's byte[] resource cache to make it cleanuppable by the GC. Safe. [default: true]
    B:weakenResourceCache=true
}

textures {
    # If false, disables any patches from this category. [default: true]
    B:enable=true

# Controls the faster animation path. 0 - disable, 2 - force enable, 1 (default) - enable on devices which have been shown to benefit from it. [default: 1, range: 0-2]
    I:fasterAnimation=0

# The maximum amount of frames an animation can have for it to be cached. If you have a lot of VRAM, set higher. [default: 256, range: 0-2147483647]
    I:maxAnimationFramesForCache=256

# Set to a number to disable animation updates past that mip level. -1 means update all. Higher numbers update more levels. To disable animation updates altogether, use the option for it. [default: -1, range: -1-4]
    I:maxAnimationMipLevel=-1
}

tweaks {
    # Prevent redstone from causing light updates by removing its light level. [default: false]
    B:disableRedstoneLight=false

# Do not delay lighting updates over other types of updates. [default: false]
    B:immediateLightingUpdates=false
}

Patch Creator
1498 Posts

Post 12 Jul 2021, 20:52

Then just try deleting Foamfix from the mods folder completely. Make a back up of it first so if the problem does not go away the you know it is not Foamfix.
If anyone would like to take over any of my threads please contact me. I will continue to host what I have done but expect no further updates.
Supporter
26 Posts

Post 13 Jul 2021, 15:20

Novamanga wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 20:52
Then just try deleting Foamfix from the mods folder completely. Make a back up of it first so if the problem does not go away the you know it is not Foamfix.

I removed the "mod" and it worked. However, it is hardly playable without this "mod" in larger "modpacks".
Therefore, I installed the version 0.10.10 because the version 0.10.12a and 0.10.11 cause strange display errors of fire and redstone and slabs as well. Also it is important to delete the "foamfix.cfg" when installing a new / reverted version otherwise it will not work, as at least for me.
Patch Contributor
442 Posts

Post 26 Jun 2022, 15:32

Novamanga wrote:

So glad you're here, Nova! I updated to the latest FTB Interactions and had the invisible grass issue that I had, but did not remember having since it's been so long. Couldn't figure it out for the life of me until I came across this post...again! I forgot that I had done this a long time ago and updating Interactions overwrote that change. Thanks for helping us find solutions to these texture issues! :)
7 Posts

Post 23 Jul 2022, 21:03

Novamanga wrote:

Same, I had this issue a couple years ago and this fixed it. Went back to play E2E again and lo and behold, this issue cropped up. Thanks for the fix!
3 Posts

Post 11 Aug 2022, 06:25

Navoan wrote:
23 Jul 2022, 21:03
Novamanga wrote:

Same, I had this issue a couple years ago and this fixed it. Went back to play E2E again and lo and behold, this issue cropped up. Thanks for the fix!

Hey I had that issue but I just copy anything with grass from version 11 to 12 and replaced them and it worked the only issue I still have is the stair cases with missing textures so idk what to do with that
Supporter
1 Post

Post 22 Sep 2023, 09:34

Novamanga wrote:

Nice work, saved me a lot of time!!!