Map Player Marker not Visible - 1.7.10

General help with our resourcepacks, our website, or Minecraft - including mods.
3 Posts

Post 31 Aug 2021, 10:32

When using a map in 1.7.10 (Java Edition) the default minecraft texturepack shows a marker indicating player position and direction faced when looking at the map.

When using any of the three Java 1.7 resource packs no such marker is visible.

I have tried checking, adding pack, then removing pack and it remains visible within the default minecraft pack (as well as a couple of other packs) but not in BD Craft.

Any ideas?
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
BDcraft Web Admin
6590 Posts

Post 31 Aug 2021, 10:49

It seems odd that you'd be the first person to report the issue (at least to my knowledge) in the 7-8 years since MC1.7 was released.

There's every chance that there may be some special thing you need to get it to work correctly in older versions, but if there is that knowledge is lost to me.

I'll move this to the Help Centre. Maybe someone else knows what's up.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
3 Posts

Post 31 Aug 2021, 16:49

Indeed, I was pretty surprised too.

Other than optifine it's a vanilla Java install, nothing strange installed I am aware of.
3 Posts

Post 03 Sep 2021, 08:58 

Doh!

It was user error... for some reason my eyes decided that 1.7 looked like 1.17 and hence I had installed old versions of the packs.

The new ones work fine.

Sorry!