Failure to run 128x and higher

General help with our resourcepacks, our website, or Minecraft - including mods.
2 Posts

Post 06 Sep 2021, 01:06

Hey guys,
I recently built a new PC, and my freinds and I all started to play Minecraft again in a new world. I wanted to get a new texture pack, and i liked the look of both BDcraft. My only problem is that for some reason, I can't run either pack at 128x or higher and my game crashed within 3 seconds of applying the pack in a world. I've tried a few solutions ive seen online like dedicating more RAM, updating my drivers and client, I've even done a full reinstall of minecraft, optifine and my resource packs. My PC specs are the following:
Ryzen 7 5800x
RTX 3080
64 GB RAM
Spec wise I should be able to run this easily, but I struggle to also run the 64x packs with a shader, getting around 40-50 FPS, but my freind using a different texture pack and the shader can get over 100-150 FPS with a 2070. If anyone has a solution to running a higher resolution like 512x, or how to fix my FPS issues with the shader it would be greatly appreciated.
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
BDcraft Web Admin
6615 Posts

Post 06 Sep 2021, 01:08

As you're using OptiFine please try the fix in this post: bug-reports-f3/purebdcraft-117-crashing ... tml#p44143
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
2 Posts

Post 06 Sep 2021, 01:30

HanFox wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 01:08
As you're using OptiFine please try the fix in this post: bug-reports-f3/purebdcraft-117-crashing ... tml#p44143
Thanks for this, I actually can run the pack now, I had no clue the solution was that simple. If you do know, is there any way to force my GPU to work more to increase my FPS. I have the 512x pack installed, but at 16 render distance, i only get about 50 FPS, and according to my performance overlay, my GPU is only utilising around 18% and it refuses to go over 20%. Is there a setting somewhere to push it past that block at 20% utilisation that you would know of, because i want to use a shader too. When i use the SUES shader, my GPU utilisation goes up to around 30%, but my FPS plummets down to below 20.
Last edited by BobPotatoface on 06 Sep 2021, 01:32, edited 1 time in total.
BDcraft Web Admin
6615 Posts

Post 06 Sep 2021, 07:06 

Generally an easy way to boost FPS is to try enabling the "Smart Animations" setting in OptiFine's Performance settings.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin