Xbox Series X 256x graphics not working VanillaBDcraft

General help with our resourcepacks, our website, or Minecraft - including mods.
2 Posts

Post 27 Oct 2021, 07:58

Hi there,

just yesterday i purchased the Vanilla texture pack on my Xbox series X but i am not able to switch on 256x details. I was using som free texture packs before 256x and even 512x and it was running with no problems no lags no low fps. I am kind of disapointed the the pack i paid for and is from oficial marketplace a cant use its full potential. Is there any way around that? Or is it problem that minecraft and Xbox series X are still not fully compatible? Thanks.
BDcraft Web Admin
6619 Posts

Post 27 Oct 2021, 08:10 

If you were using packs not from the marketplace previously they can set (or totally ignore) the memory groups that Microsoft require marketplace packs to put in place however they like, without having to take in to account getting through Microsoft's quality assurance. Microsoft have those settings in place to avoid general crashes.

Generally, currently, only desktop computers can run our packs in 256x due to their less confined memory specs. High-end consoles currently share their memory as both system and graphics memory, meaning when a console says it has 16GB of memory this is actually split in some way between graphics and system (whereas a high-end PC will likely have 16GB+ of system memory and 8GB+ of dedicated graphics memory).

It's also entirely possible whatever packs you were using before weren't fully complete and, as such, just didn't put as much strain on the game as our packs do.

We're hoping 256x will work more widely when Mojang finally optimise the game properly. The performance pales in comparison to Java Edition currently.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin