trapdoor textures for 1.12.2

General help with our resourcepacks, our website, or Minecraft - including mods.
26 Posts

Post 22 Feb 2022, 21:29

Hi there! I'm hoping for some help regarding trapdoor textures in 1.12.2... It seems like there's an overlay that applies itself to every trapdoor texture from other mods and I'm hoping to disable/delete that somehow. I tried removing the trapdoor textures (including the border, overlay, etc) but that breaks all trapdoor textures entirely. I'd like to use trapdoors that other mods add (i.e. natura) but the sphax texture applies itself to everything. Is there a way to get around this?
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
BDcraft Web Admin
6590 Posts

Post 23 Feb 2022, 09:28

There's no reason this would happen that I am aware of.

Have you got a screenshot? Are you using any other resourcepacks besides the main BDcraft one?
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
26 Posts

Post 23 Feb 2022, 20:26

HanFox wrote:
23 Feb 2022, 09:28
There's no reason this would happen that I am aware of.

Have you got a screenshot? Are you using any other resourcepacks besides the main BDcraft one?
Here's a screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y4lghvsqfrfj1 ... 1.png?dl=0

I placed down a few different ones from a variety of mods and the last two on the right are one from Twilight Forest that initially gets placed with the texture working correctly, but as soon as I click it to "shut" the door, it changes to what you see on the left side of the open one.

Nope, no other resource packs. The one thing I do have is Sphax's customized pack just for a handful of textures I prefer alternatives for, but that shouldn't affect this, right?
BDcraft Web Admin
6590 Posts

Post 24 Feb 2022, 19:22 

That's pretty strange. The mod would be having to actively pull in the default trapdoor models and just changing the main texture, but if it were causing issues I'd expect other people to have brought it up before.

Are you using a modpack patch or the single Twilight Forest patch?

Maybe try with just the main PureBDcraft pack and the Twilight Forest patch and see if the issue goes away.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
26 Posts

Post 24 Feb 2022, 20:01

HanFox wrote:
24 Feb 2022, 19:22
That's pretty strange. The mod would be having to actively pull in the default trapdoor models and just changing the main texture, but if it were causing issues I'd expect other people to have brought it up before.

Are you using a modpack patch or the single Twilight Forest patch?

Maybe try with just the main PureBDcraft pack and the Twilight Forest patch and see if the issue goes away.
Wow, that sounds strange. I patch all of my mods individually (and I put the modpack together myself as well). I did just try removing the customization and the same problem still exists. So bizarre.