VanillaBDcraft 256x issue console realm

General help with our resourcepacks, our website, or Minecraft - including mods.
6 Posts

Post 10 Jun 2022, 04:56

As the title says. The pure bd craft texture pack doesn’t let me put it on 256x resolution because console can’t use it even though I’m on ps5. But the vanilla bd craft texture pack defaults to 256x and it errors my game every time I try to start the world with the texture pack active. I’m trying to use it on my realm and when I change the realm texture pack I set it to 128x resolution but it doesn’t save what I put it on. Always defaults to 256x so I physically can’t use the vanilla bd craft texture pack on my console realm. This issue doesn’t happen on pure bd craft because it has 256x greyed out and doesn’t let me activate it anyways. Is this fixable because I really want to use this texture pack
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
BDcraft Web Admin
6590 Posts

Post 10 Jun 2022, 06:33

This doesn't really make sense.

VanillaBDcraft and PureBDcraft have the same memory tiers set for their resolutions.

If one pack is being detected properly then the other should be.

The only thing I can think about is possibly you need to download your world, modify it then, re-upload it to the Realm.

The steps for doing so are in our Help thread in the "Broken / Purple & Black textures on Realms" section.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
6 Posts

Post 10 Jun 2022, 06:58

Just tried that and it didn’t work. Idk why it even allows me to click 256x resolution. No other texture pack even lets me activate it because I’m on console. And my realm server keeps defaulting it back to 256x even though I go into the settings and change it to 128x resolution and confirm it. It also always puts the ui underneath the texture pack even when I have it above
BDcraft Web Admin
6590 Posts

Post 10 Jun 2022, 07:13 

Sadly we don't have much guidance with Realms issues. Mojang do a poor job of supporting resourcepacks and it's frustrating.

With the next pack update we're including a workaround that will hopefully select 64x by default for Realms, but it's a horrible band-aid solution for something Mojang could likely easily fix internally.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
6 Posts

Post 10 Jun 2022, 07:32

Can’t wait for that update. Also it is kind of ridiculous that they don’t put forth more effort into realms. Anyways thank you for responding.