Tips&Tricks for Cubik LITE and Cubik PRO

Archives of technical help for Cubik LITE and Cubik PRO

Now help is given on Cubik Studio forum: https://cubik.studio
BDcraft Admin
2180 Posts

Post 09 Jan 2015, 17:05 

Cubik comes without any documentation or information about controls, keys and shortcuts.

Cubik is easy to use but some things can't be known or guessed without some help.

This topic is dedicated to filling this small lack. ;)

Basics:

• Left Mouse Button: Move Element
  • Right Mouse Button: Resize Element (always from bottom right)
  • Alt + Left Mouse Button: Clone Element
  • Alt + Right Mouse Button: Draw Rule for information (displayed in the status bar)
  • Ctrl + Left Mouse Button: Rotate Element
  • Ctrl + Right Mouse Button: Move Element Origin (for easy rotations)
  • Keep pressing "M" on Keyboard: ZoomIn/Magnify current view

How to:

• Select an Element: Left Click Element
  • Focus an Element: Rollover Element
  • Unselect an Element: Left Click on empty area
  • Move an Element: Left Click
  • Resize an Element: Right Click (Note: it only resizes from the bottom right corner of the Element in 2D Views)
  • Rotate an Element: Ctrl+Left Click (Note: only works on Y axis for the moment)
  • Clone an Element: Alt+Left Click Element
  • Move the Camera: Same as any other Element
  • Move the Camera Target: Select Camera then move target as any other Element
  • Move/Pan a view: Middle Mouse button or Space+Left Click (any 2D view can be panned)
  • Access commands: Right Click on selected Element(s) in "Elements Manager"
  • Rotate the whole Model: Click on "+90°" or "-90°" in "Block" panel on the left side
  • Load a texture: In Material Manager, double click on a Label or in an empty zone
  • Set color of selected Element: Ctrl+Click on "Color" button (without Ctrl, a random color is set)
  • Measure size between two points/coordinates: Alt+Right Click to draw a rule and look at the task bar (bottom left)
  • Position the Model as an Item in hand in third Person View: Use the Edit Mode "Third Person: Item" and then use the sliders to translate, rotate and scale the model to make it be displayed as you wish in realtime thanks to the 3D Preview
  • Add a texture: Double click on a label or on the empty zone in Material Manager
  • Set the Particles texture: Use a texture labeled "particle" in the Material Manager
  • Rescale the whole Model to 50%: Select all Elements in Elements Manager, right click and select "Position & Size" > "Scale" and enter "50%"
  • Zoom In the current view for better accuracy on selection/movement/rescale of an element: Keep pressing "M" on the keyboard

Shortcuts:

• New file: Ctrl+N
  • Open: Ctrl+O
  • Merge: Ctrl+M
  • Save: Ctrl+S
  • Import: Ctrl+I
  • Export: Ctrl+E
  • Exit: Alt+F4
  • See through Mode (Transparent Elements in 2D Views and Wireframe in 3D View): Ctrl+T
  • Edit Selected Element Settings: Shift+S
  • Edit Selected Element UV Mapping: Shift+U
  • Edit Selected Element Color: Shift+C
  • Apply Random color to Selected Element: Shift+R
  • Apply Default UV Mapping to Selected Element: Shift+D
  • Toggle Visibility of Selected Element: Shift+V
  • Toggle Lock of Selected Element: Shift+L
  • Grid settings: Shift+G
  • Change Background color: Shift+B
  • See through Mode: Shift+T
  • Load a picture for All Views: Shift+A
  • Delete all background pictures: Shift+P
  • Reset Camera Position: Ctrl+Shift+C
  • Display/Hide "Elements Manager": F6
  • Display/Hide "Material Manager": F7
  • Select All Elements in "Elements Manager": Ctrl+A
  • Move Element: Mouse Cursor in View + Arrow Keys
  • UV Mapping Editor: Move selection: Mouse Cursor on face + Arrow Keys
  • UV Mapping Editor: Open popup menu: Right Click on face or Ctrl+Right Click on UV selection
  • Go to Cubik Support: F1
  • Go to Cubik Page: F2
  • Go to Cubik Changelog (latest version): F3
  • Go to BDcraft.net: F4

Copy / Paste format:

When you copy a property of an Element (via the Elements Manager "Copy / Paste" functions), you get a special string in the clipboard that you can modify manually if needed.

The following explains how each property work:
  • Faces: Contains a value between 0 and 63 (included).
    It's a set of 6 boolean values and can be created like this:
    • +1 = Down
    • +2 = Up
    • +4 = North
    • +8 = South
    • +16 = West
    • +32 = East
    Example: Faces: 63 (= all faces are visible because "1+2+4+8+16+32 = 63")
  • Textures: Contains a list of 6 texture labels for each 6 face of the cube
    Example: Textures: texture,texture,texture,texture,texture,texture (= default)
  • Tint: Contains a list of boolean values
    Example: Tint: 0,0,0,0,0,0, (= no tinted face; the final comma is not required)
  • Cullface: Contains a list of face orientations.
    Example: Cullface: none,none,none,none,none,none, (values can only be "none", "down", "up", "north", "south", "west" and "east"; any other value will not work ingame)
  • Shade: Contains a Boolean value (1= shaded; 0= no shade)
    Example: Shade: 1 (= shaded by default)
  • UV: Contains 6 lists of coordinates for each face of the cube.
    The list is composed of 6 sub-lists in the following order: Down, Up, North, South, West, East
    Each element of main list is a list composed of floats like this: "X1, Y1, X2, Y2, Texture Rotation".
    Example: UV: 1,11,11,1,0|1,1,11,11,0|5,0,15,1,0|1,0,11,1,0|1,0,11,1,0|5,0,15,1,0|

Cubik PRO

Cubik LITE

If you like a post give it a diamond! :arrow_heading_up:
Have you tried Cubik?
7 Posts

Post 07 Feb 2015, 22:51

Thank you so much!!!
2 Posts

Post 27 Feb 2015, 11:14

Hi,
For me, the "M" KeyBoard for Zoom doen't work, has he changed ? I got the last version of Cubik PRO (0.91).

Thanks in advance.
BDcraft Admin
2180 Posts

Post 27 Feb 2015, 11:31

Arnialo wrote:Hi,
For me, the "M" KeyBoard for Zoom doen't work, has he changed ? I got the last version of Cubik PRO (0.91).

Thanks in advance.
It is now Ctrl+Shift+Z to enable/disable zoom. Zoom is automatically disabled if the cursor go in the menus
Have you tried Cubik?
2 Posts

Post 27 Feb 2015, 11:35

Sphax wrote:
Arnialo wrote:Hi,

Thanks in advance.
It is now Ctrl+Shift+Z to enable/disable zoom. Zoom is automatically disabled if the cursor go in the menus
Hi,
This zoom isn't pratical, view move with the cursor, but still thanks ! ;)
Dys
6 Posts

Post 17 Apr 2015, 20:04

Is there a way to select an element in the perspective view instead of just in the orthographic viewports? I've tried all of the "select element" key combinations on the list and none of them work for this. It's also extremely tedious to try and sift through 800+ elements in the element manager to find one or two specific elements (it also doesn't help that the element id #s don't really make much since with the positioning of the element. IE: element 4 could be extremely far away from element 5, etc. It's very time-consuming to try and find individual elements).
BDcraft Admin
2180 Posts

Post 17 Apr 2015, 20:24

Dys wrote:Is there a way to select an element in the perspective view instead of just in the orthographic viewports? I've tried all of the "select element" key combinations on the list and none of them work for this. It's also extremely tedious to try and sift through 800+ elements in the element manager to find one or two specific elements (it also doesn't help that the element id #s don't really make much since with the positioning of the element. IE: element 4 could be extremely far away from element 5, etc. It's very time-consuming to try and find individual elements).
It's planned in a future version to be able to focus&select an element directly in the 3D view. Currently, it's not possible.

In the 2D views however you can select multiple elements at a time with "Shift+Left click". ;)

In the Elements Manager, you can also reorganize elements by name instead of by IDs by clicking on the column title (another click on the same column title will reorganize in inverted order). ;)
Have you tried Cubik?
Dys
6 Posts

Post 17 Apr 2015, 22:30

Sphax wrote: In the 2D views however you can select multiple elements at a time with "Shift+Left click". ;)

In the Elements Manager, you can also reorganize elements by name instead of by IDs by clicking on the column title (another click on the same column title will reorganize in inverted order). ;)
Hmm, ok. Also, are there any plans for more stability with high amounts of elements in one model (like 1k+)? I use a lot of elements to make extremely high-res models, and sometimes I have to downgrade certain parts of the model because it will crash the program.
BDcraft Admin
2180 Posts

Post 18 Apr 2015, 05:50

Cubik is continuously updated and improved for stability, bugs fixing and crash proofed.

So yes, more elements should be handled better in future versions.
Have you tried Cubik?
3 Posts

Post 03 May 2015, 18:15

SHIFT + L-Click does not select multiple objects for me.. help?