User review & suggestions after using "Cubik".
1. Software crashes after UV mapping 150-200 "cubes" extremely annoying.
2. UV "Real" mapping only works per single "cube" not a big problem, but very time consuming.
3. **Function suggestion** Add full body texture wrapping or mapping.
4. When importing "file.OBJ" models "Cubik" is automatically resizing it to fit the center 16x16 space. Should be possible to toggle.
5. Any imported model is imported not textured and colored in random colors for user to be able to see every cube, there should also be possibility to import model with it's colors as they are in other programs from which it is being imported.
6. 2D viewports can't be zoomed in or out, when working on big models (scale wise) that makes everything harder, because if you scale the model down you can't move "cubes" as accurately as in original scale.
7. "Cubes" in 2D viewports can only be moved in a grid pattern, in 3D viewport not movable in context menu can be moved at 0.01 grid square precision. User mush have the ability to move, scale, and rotate in 3D view.
8. When importing same not "file.JSON" format file, for example "file.OBJ" program doesn't memorize that and keeps suggesting to import "file.JSON".
9. When exporting a model that is bigger then 48x48 grid size model will not show in game as displayed in software. New user might find it hard to fix, there should be a warning popup when exporting that kind of model.
10. Last but not least "snap to edges/faces/grid" function could be added.
Well that might look like totally negative review, but I disagree because I personally like the software, I am using it daily. This so far the best attempt to make "minecraft" 3D Modeling program (only my personal opinion). Hope to see it advance and become even more user friendly.
***1. "Software crashes after UV mapping 150-200 "cubes" extremely annoying."
>Not 150-200, but ~250
11. Shift + U doesn't work when "Element editor" window is selected, only works when main "Cubik" window is selected. As a result if elements ar for example named "Untitled" cubic will instead select next element that starts with "U"
12. Item tool tips could include shortcut/key bindings information
-- edit --
DrLolzworth wrote:Is there any quicker way to re-texture a full cube to a different material than shift+s, click the faces tab then adjust each face's texture label? I am currently having to do quite a few keystrokes for each cube when im re-texturing.
I would love if you could drag a new texture from the material manager onto a cube to full re-texture the faces.
Well you can always map it by "viewports/views" (south/east/west/etc..)