Frequently Asked Questions about Cubik

Archives of technical help for Cubik LITE and Cubik PRO

Now help is given on Cubik Studio forum: https://cubik.studio
BDcraft Admin
2180 Posts

Post 18 Mar 2014, 13:38 

This post will be updated periodically with all the frequently asked questions.

Where can I watch tutorials for Cubik?

You can start reading the dedicated post in the Cubik Forum

Can I create a Mesh with a HD texture?

Yes, you can. Any texture size is supported. However, it is recommended to use a square texture in 16x16, 32x32, 64x64 or 128x128

Can I create a Model for Blocks?

Yes and that's pretty easy

Can I create a Model for Items?

Yes, you can since Snapshot 14w25 and Cubik 0.70 but it's better to use 0.76 for that task

Can I position the Model to make it looks ok ingame at any view (third person, first person, GUI)?

Yes, you can easily do that since Cubik 0.75 with the Edit Modes (be sure to check "Use item display settings" in the Model properties)

Can I import old Minecraft JSON files in Cubik?

Yes, you can import any Minecraft JSON version in Cubik

Can I import a 3D Model I've done in another 3D software (like 3DSMax or Blender) in Cubik?

Yes, you can import OBJ, DXF and WRL in Cubik. Those formats will be voxelized first but if you only used Cubes and entered the resolution you used while creating your Models, the result should be accurate enough for easy editing/texturing in Cubik.

What are the Blocks I can customize in Cubik for Minecraft?

All the customizable Blocks are listed in the "Blocks Helper" tool in Cubik. The ones with disabled "Extract Block file" Button can't be customized yet

Can I create very small 3D details equivalent to 1 pixel in a x64 or x128 TexturePack?

Yes by resizing the selected Element with Right Mouse click you can make a Cube as thin as a Plane (if doing so, you should delete unseen faces or use a Plane directly).

Where to put the JSON file exported by Cubik for a Block I want to customize?

The JSON file goes to the "block" subfolder here:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\.minecraft\resourcepacks\<YOUR_RESOURCEPACK>\assets\minecraft\models\block\

Where to put the JSON file exported by Cubik for an Item I want to customize?

The JSON file goes to the "item" subfolder here:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\.minecraft\resourcepacks\<YOUR_RESOURCEPACK>\assets\minecraft\models\item\

Why my Block Mesh is not displayed ingame?

You've probably forgot to tell Minecraft that the block you want to customize is using a new Mesh. To do so, use the "Blocks Helper" tool to save the "Blockstate" file in your Ressourcepack and change the model from Vanilla one to the exported Cubik one.

Why my Cubik Exported Mesh appears as a black&pink Cube ingame?

Many different reasons can make that happen. It can be because of specs changes in Minecraft or it can be an unknown bug of Cubik.
To help you sort out this issue, please, post a new thread with your BDC3D and/or JSON files attached, with a screenshot if possible.

Why my Mesh is ok ingame but with black&pink textures?

You've probably forgot to texture your Mesh in Cubik (use Material Manager). Be sure to use the textures directly from your ResourcePack or from a folder named "blocks" or "items".

Why my Cubik Block is grey ingame when it should be green (for leaves)?

Because you forgot to check "Tint" checkboxes for each face of your Block Elements that need to be tinted according to the Biome color. ;)

If I bought Cubik PRO, will I get all the future new features for Free?

Yes. If you purchased Cubik PRO, you'll have it for life and you'll be able to get all its updates for free.

Will the price of Cubik PRO change in the future?

Cubik is currently available as a Beta version. It is possible that the price will be adjusted in the future depending on the new added features. If the price change, it will not happen before version 1.0.

As a user of Cubik LITE, will I get new features in the future?

Maybe yes, maybe not. Cubik LITE will be updated for bug fixing but most of the new features will be reserved to Cubik PRO. However some features from Cubik PRO have been enabled in Cubik LITE along updates.

I bough Cubik PRO. How can I download it now?

You should have received an email from "BDcraft Goods" entitled "Your BDcraft Cubik PRO Order is ready". This email is sent to your Paypal email address (not your BDcraft Account email).
By the way, be sure to check your Spam Folder. ;)
This email contains the URL to download Cubik and your Serial to register on first launch.

How do I get my registration code if I lost or deleted the email?

Simply go to the BDcraft Cubik PRO page and click on the link "Get a new email now". It will ask you to enter your Paypal email address used for the purchase, your BDcraft account email address and the date of purchase. You'll then received a new email instantly in your Paypal email box.

Cubik PRO

Cubik LITE

If you like a post give it a diamond! :arrow_heading_up:
Have you tried Cubik?
17 Posts

Post 29 Mar 2014, 22:08

Sphax wrote:

Can I create very small 3D details equivalent to 1 pixel in a x64 or x128 TexturePack?

No, you can't currently create details smaller than 1 pixel in a x32 TexturePack. This will be a feature for future versions of Cubik However.
I think it is currently possible to make very small elements. Just like:
-Open the Element List
-Right click the element you wish to change
-Click "Set Size" on the "Position & Size" category.
-Set the size (For example, 1/4 of a 16x pixel, 0.25)
-You're done.

However, i'm not sure if that's what the question meant.
Busy all day every day
BDcraft Admin
2180 Posts

Post 29 Mar 2014, 23:27

Yes you are right, that way allow to create very small elements but that's not very easy.
Next version will be a lot more user friendly on that thing (for those who want to). ;)
Have you tried Cubik?
17 Posts

Post 31 Mar 2014, 00:44

Sphax wrote:Yes you are right, that way allow to create very small elements but that's not very easy.
Next version will be a lot more user friendly on that thing (for those who want to). ;)
Thank you very much, it is really hard to work with 64x and higher resolutions on Cubik.
Busy all day every day
3 Posts

Post 05 Apr 2014, 20:20

Add this to FAQ: "How Do I get my registration code if I lost the email and or the email deleted?" also please answer how I can do this!!!! If we purchase a product from you guys you should have more than just an email where we can get our codes from because stuff like this happens and now I'm looking all over the site to find the answer to this question! -.-
BDcraft Admin
2180 Posts

Post 05 Apr 2014, 21:39

regice202 wrote:Add this to FAQ: "How Do I get my registration code if I lost the email and or the email deleted?" also please answer how I can do this!!!! If we purchase a product from you guys you should have more than just an email where we can get our codes from because stuff like this happens and now I'm looking all over the site to find the answer to this question! -.-
You already sent an email to the right address and I already answered you. When you done something wrong (like deleting an email in which it's wrote something like "Be sure to keep this email"), ask for support and, please, be patient. ;)
Have you tried Cubik?
125 Posts

Post 14 May 2014, 23:57

How do you rotate blocks?
BDcraft Admin
2180 Posts

Post 15 May 2014, 06:35

Ctrl+Left click
That only works (currently) on top view but it will also work on other views in future updates
Have you tried Cubik?
125 Posts

Post 15 May 2014, 10:31

Another question:
What does culling, overlay, and tint overlay do?
BDcraft Admin
2180 Posts

Post 01 Jul 2014, 10:48

Updated the FAQ for Cubik 0.71.
Have you tried Cubik?