Norton deletes Cubik

Archives of technical help for Cubik LITE and Cubik PRO

Now help is given on Cubik Studio forum: https://cubik.studio
1 Post

Post 31 Mar 2014, 22:38

Alright, well I have a different problem. I bought Cubik PRO about 30 minutes-an hour ago, it downloaded, but every time I try to launch it, my Norton screws my $14 over and deletes the app. I have no idea how to keep it from deleting the app, or even how to bring back the app. Can anyone help? T-T

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it to work, I just told it not to scan the folder I put it in, and I launched it, and it worked fine. :)
Last edited by RocAhen on 01 Apr 2014, 21:16, edited 3 times in total.
42 Posts

Post 01 Apr 2014, 01:44

Norton is horrid at what it does. It is so known for it's false positives and taking control out of your hands. All you can really do is
1. Submit a report to Symantec as a false positive
2. Go into Nortons settings and set it to ASK before deleteing anything.
3. Get a better virus scanner that actually knows what it's doing.
BDcraft Admin
2180 Posts

Post 01 Apr 2014, 05:29 

There's plenty free virus scan which do a bette job than the well known Norton or McAfee... Like AVG, Avast or Microsoft Internet Security. I personally use the last one (+Spybot and MalwareBytes)
If you like a post give it a diamond! :arrow_heading_up:
Have you tried Cubik?
42 Posts

Post 01 Apr 2014, 07:28

+Spybot and MalwareBytes is what I use as well, even the best buy geek squad recommended it.

Norton just don't know what it is doing. I mean give you an example, it came with the PC I have now when it was first bought, the first time it was ran it started deleteing everything saying it was infected.. a fully fresh clean PC. distroyed the sucker, had to do a full format and reinstall of the OS and all.

No, don't care for that one bit.