GeoStrata

Archive of patch requests that have been completed or locked for various other reasons.
Note: This forum is visibly hidden from users, but is still searchable and readable.
1 Post

Post 25 Nov 2013, 06:23

GeoStrata adds rock types and crystals: https://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/196 ... -and-more/

Show
Current rock types added by GeoStrata:
Granite
Basalt
Marble
Limestone
Shale
Sandstone
Pumice
Slate
Gneiss
Peridotite
Quartz
Granulite
Hornfel
Migmatite

My rock behaves like vanilla stone with pickaxes - it generates smooth, drops cobble (unless using silk touch), can be smelted into smooth, and smooth can be crafted into bricks.
The mod also adds "Cave Crystals" - small crystals which can generate in caves.

It seems that some textures already in RedPower would work perfect in this, I just don't know how to even start pulling them out and making it myself (although I would gladly accept any links to tutorials on how to do so, I know my way around Photoshop).
https://bdcraft.net/community/pbdc-patch ... -t354.html

Textures: We are mostly looking for the rock types to be textured, the crystals aren't a problem.
Size: 64 preferred, 128 okay
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
196 Posts

Post 10 Jan 2014, 00:17

I'm going to start working on this patch next week. I'll be pulling textures from other mods that already exist for the same items.
34 Posts

Post 13 Jan 2014, 04:30

THANKS, BonaireDreams! I've been looking for the "missing" FTB Monster textures, just looking to see what's possibly being worked on, and saw your notice. Excellent news, indeed!
196 Posts

Post 17 Jan 2014, 15:46

I've got all of the stone completed and have been testing it in game. Some I am super happy with, others are 'ok'. I also redid all the shards using the old texture for TC3 aspects as its not being used anymore. Still need to do all the crystals and lamps. I'll do a WIP post on Sunday/Monday as those are my days off and I will have some extra time.