Should I Get Cubik Pro?

Archives of Cubik PRO purchase support tickets

Now support is done on Cubik Studio forum: https://cubik.studio
14 Posts

Post 10 Jul 2014, 20:25

Hi there! I've been in a serious debate over buying the full version of Cubik Pro, or just to figure out other methods of 3D modelling. I'm reviving a texture pack for an iOS game called "Junk Jack" and some of the blocks aren't full blocks. I wanted to create some 3D models for the blocks such as the crafting table. The only problem is, I've already created the block model, but it doesn't seem to work in my Minecraft. I've read the FAQ and I believe I have found the problem, but the feature isn't in Cubik LITE (Blocks Helper & Show off Mesh). I'm only using Cubik LITE because I'm trying not to spend money for this project. Here are a few pictures of my problem:
Anybody know how I can fix this? Thanks for reading.
BDcraft Admin
2183 Posts

Post 10 Jul 2014, 21:31

If I understand correctly you are trying to make a block with empty zones.
The problem is that Minecraft do not support that for all the blocks.
If you like a post give it a diamond! :arrow_heading_up:
Have you tried Cubik?
14 Posts

Post 10 Jul 2014, 22:02

Sphax wrote:If I understand correctly you are trying to make a block with empty zones.
The problem is that Minecraft do not support that for all the blocks.
Okay. Thanks for the help.
BDcraft Web Admin
6124 Posts

Post 10 Jul 2014, 22:23

While I imagine what Sphax is saying is true, considering from the screenshot you're using MC1.7.2, you need to be using the latest snapshots to use the custom models.
14 Posts

Post 10 Jul 2014, 23:04

HanFox wrote:While I imagine what Sphax is saying is true, considering from the screenshot you're using MC1.7.2, you need to be using the latest snapshots to use the custom models.
Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I've tried using the newest snapshot and came up with this result:
Now I just need to figure out how to use the textures I have to be mapped onto the crafting table.
Edit: How can I put the textures onto it? Aren't there too many faces for all of the cubes to have the 3 crafting table textures to be inputted onto?
138 Posts

Post 10 Jul 2014, 23:46

KR1dude wrote:
HanFox wrote:While I imagine what Sphax is saying is true, considering from the screenshot you're using MC1.7.2, you need to be using the latest snapshots to use the custom models.
Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I've tried using the newest snapshot and came up with this result:
Now I just need to figure out how to use the textures I have to be mapped onto the crafting table.
Edit: How can I put the textures onto it? Aren't there too many faces for all of the cubes to have the 3 crafting table textures to be inputted onto?
I suggest creating an image that isn't just one side of the model but having all the faces. To map the texture to a certain part of the model use the UV option.
14 Posts

Post 11 Jul 2014, 00:45

I suggest creating an image that isn't just one side of the model but having all the faces. To map the texture to a certain part of the model use the UV option.
Okay. I made all of the textures for all sides of the crafting table and used the UV option, but it doesn't seem to work. I have all of the textures in the Blocks folder for textures and have the JSON in the models folder. Did they change where the directories need to be?
BDcraft Admin
2183 Posts

Post 11 Jul 2014, 08:04 

The textures need to be applied to the model with Material Manager (Cubik Pro) or manually (Cubik Lite)
Have you tried Cubik?
14 Posts

Post 11 Jul 2014, 15:40

Thanks for all the help guys. I did end up buying Cubik Pro and I'm very satisfied with it. Finally textured the model.
BDcraft Admin
2183 Posts

Post 11 Jul 2014, 15:57

Do not hesitate to share your creations previews thanks to the show off mesh feature in Cubik Pro ;)
Have you tried Cubik?