[128x - 32x] Biomes O' Plenty [MC1.5 - 1.12, 1.14 - 1.20]

Post a new thread here if you've made a BDcraft styled complete patch to fully support a Minecraft mod.
238 Posts

Post 26 Oct 2013, 01:23

Cool what's that for? :D
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
Patch Creator
109 Posts

Post 26 Oct 2013, 01:29

Boredom :P

Updated version:
Show
Last edited by Sir Oldie on 26 Oct 2013, 01:43, edited 1 time in total.
Erm...I like trees and bees!
.....Maybe too much
Former Staff
1033 Posts

Post 26 Oct 2013, 01:33

HanFox wrote:
Sphax states realistic backgrounds on the banners. I'd not say some orange shapes fits that description.
Always so to-the-point :P

@Sir Oldie Haha, that's perfect!
238 Posts

Post 26 Oct 2013, 01:48

So fancy *points pinkie finger upward* :D
196 Posts

Post 26 Oct 2013, 01:54

OK So I grabbed the 1.5.2 64x from page 1 to ensure I had the latest version. Srping water and poison water still show a white missing texture. Scrolled through the log and found:

2013-10-25 18:00:27 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture: Skipping mods/biomesoplenty/textures/blocks/spring_water_still.png because of broken aspect ratio and not animation

Similar errors show for poison still and flowing and spring flowing.

Is it a broken aspect or something on my end? Any thoughts?

Thanks
238 Posts

Post 26 Oct 2013, 03:02

Here's another one :D (I was bored so I did it anyway) -- 25 Oct 2013, 18:59 --

Please add to downloads

-- 25 Oct 2013, 19:40 --

@BonaireDreams Use my ported patch because it works if not I think its something wrong with your mod or something. :( sorry I'm not much of an expert

-- 25 Oct 2013, 19:55 --

@BonaireDreams Here's the fixed one :D -- 25 Oct 2013, 20:02 --

@SirOldie Here's the updated 128x & 64x 1.5x ported one :D
6 Posts

Post 26 Oct 2013, 15:27

The Rosester texture is a bit strange. Don't get me wrong, this patch is amazing, but the Rosester doesn't look like it's a 128x texture. The Glob and Jungle Spider are fine. Other than that, great job guys! :)
I'll sit upon this rock and howl to the moon till the light is stolen from the world
238 Posts

Post 26 Oct 2013, 17:57

If anyone wants me to do a 32x port PM me or just message me with @Mr.Scales on this forum thread.

-- 26 Oct 2013, 10:57 --

Finally fully finished the ports, and here they are! :D @Sir Oldie These are the newer ones.
31 Posts

Post 26 Oct 2013, 19:17

OK so... are we leaving the banner image? Here's the ones I actually did with the biomes in the background before anyone said anything - and decided they looked busy. I really wanted the promised land one to look nice... but personally I thought it all looked too much. Up to you all!

Show

As for the smoldering grass - that is a new texture I did - I modeled it after the other one of course, but its not the same old pixelated one. Do you have a suggestion on making it better? All of the grasses have the same look and feel really... including this one.. I just went with the status quo lol.

I'm not sure who did that Roester texture... I'll take a look. I hadn't paid it much mind I just made sure it was there :D

-- 26 Oct 2013, 14:17 --

P.S. Sorry I misunderstood the Sphax instructions all - as you get to know me you'll learn that sometimes I am special ;)
Former Staff
1033 Posts

Post 26 Oct 2013, 19:48

IamProvocateur wrote:
P.S. Sorry I misunderstood the Sphax instructions all - as you get to know me you'll learn that sometimes I am special ;)
I don't think that's something you want to freely admit :P

Also, could you please put your images in a spoiler tag? It keeps the posts tidy. I already did it with your other post, but evidently you didn't take the hint :P Edit HanFox beat you to it haha. Well for next time, remember to spoil your images. End Edit

I like the first banner one, it's the least busy. If you want less busy you could always make a patchwork of the various grasses. The other options is to take a "real" texture of some kind (like real grass), like how Hanfox used wood planks for his forestry mods.