[512x - 32x] Chisel [MC1.6 - 1.7, 1.12, 1.16, 1.19, 1.20]

Post a new thread here if you've made a BDcraft styled complete patch to fully support a Minecraft mod.
4 Posts

Post 22 Oct 2014, 18:41

Just a note, in the 64x pack, the spruce planks are still 16x, the birch, oak and jungle are 64 though.

Edit:
Also, the 128x version has 32x spruce textures, the 256x has the 65 spruce textures and the 512x has 128x spruce textures.
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
48 Posts

Post 22 Oct 2014, 22:09

Liquidman01 wrote:
Just a note, in the 64x pack, the spruce planks are still 16x, the birch, oak and jungle are 64 though.

Edit:
Also, the 128x version has 32x spruce textures, the 256x has the 65 spruce textures and the 512x has 128x spruce textures.
That's my bad I had no idea there were some textures that weren't 512x, I just assumed everything was since everything I've taken a look at was. I usually just checked oak I didn't think any of the other wood types would be different.

I'm gonna have to search for the original 512x of the spruce textures, I assume they are around because everything else would not make any sense to me. I based my patch off an earlier collection so I didn't collect every single set of textures from single posts. I'll hopefully get around to it soon, if someone finds them for me though that'd be a great help.
4 Posts

Post 22 Oct 2014, 22:38

I took the ones from the 256x, to use in the 64x patch. I didn't even look at other ones, NEI kind of shows the textures the same way for 64x and 16x in 1.7.10, only noticed it when I tried to create some chisel planks. Went to an test world and found out that the other 3 planks were just fine. Of course the dark oak and acacia are still the vanilla ones.

So, in my case, I'm all sorted out, I just figured that I'd better post it here so that others wouldn't need to fix it in the future :)
Lifetime Supporter
18 Posts

Post 26 Oct 2014, 11:55

Are the most recently posted downloads by Daverball for Chisel V1.6.4-1.5.0?
Or are they for Chisel-1.7.10-1.5.7.jar (updated on Sep 16, 2014)?

Just want to know before I decide to install into my 1.7.10 sphax pack =)
48 Posts

Post 26 Oct 2014, 14:11

Whist34 wrote:
Are the most recently posted downloads by Daverball for Chisel V1.6.4-1.5.0?
Or are they for Chisel-1.7.10-1.5.7.jar (updated on Sep 16, 2014)?

Just want to know before I decide to install into my 1.7.10 sphax pack =)
They're for 1.6.4 although apart from the newly added blocks they should be compatible afaik, apart from the zip not having the pack.mcmeta to support adding the zip on its own to 1.7 but you can just copy that over from Sphax or merge with some other pack.

-- 26 Oct 2014, 15:01 --

Regarding the spruce planks, it seems the 512x ones have been misplaced, GrumpyPirate has mentioned this a couple of pages into the thread. I'm not sure who originally created them, if it's Rockawill or someone else, but they're definitely not included in any of the downloads. It would definitely be great to be able to track down the original psds for the planks it would mostly be a matter of adjusting a set of colors in the psds to get proper 512x spruce planks.

I'm sure it could be done without the originals I have been trying to strike the right color balance by using other planks as a base but it wouldn't quite result in something i was happy with, maybe someone's better at this than I am.

Edit: Oh yeah and I've fixed my download, 128x and below have the right size of spruce planks, the ones above will just have the same 128x planks for spruce.
136 Posts

Post 23 Nov 2014, 20:16

I did the paper textures for the 1.7 update

Show

BDcraft Web Admin
6620 Posts

Post 26 Nov 2014, 16:27

Just went through nearly every page trying to spot who did and when the planks were done as there are now acacia and dark oak ones was wondering if there was a PSD or something posted... Seeing as I can't find them does that mean it was Rockawill who did them or did I just miss them?

I'm also wondering because I was going to add some more plank variations using Custom Stuff 2 for my server and it'd save me redrawing them if some still had the vector version.

So, if anyone has the plank PSDs (or other vector variation) can you post it, please? :)
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
222 Posts

Post 26 Nov 2014, 17:03

Heyaaa.
The person who did the planks and has the PSDs is the one who created all of the base textures such as cobblestone and that. His name should be in the credits somewhere.
On a related note, I am sure that someone did do a psd of it! I unfortunately have deleted most of sphax off my computer since I don't play the game anymore. I will have a quick look to see if I have anything :)
Rockawill-Textures like a 4 year old on paint
BDcraft Web Admin
6620 Posts

Post 26 Nov 2014, 17:19

I see. Bit disappointing to hear you may have deleted it all.

Hopefully whoever did the planks still has their PSDs...
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
222 Posts

Post 26 Nov 2014, 17:28

Abandoned texturing, what a lovely way to phrase it.
I have a folder full of anything I have ever done. If anyone wishes to have that, they may PM me and ask for it. It's nothing really.
I doubt I even had the 512s to begin with.
Maybe a mishap in re-sizing.
Anyway someone can just recolour the 512x oak ones surely. I could even do that for you...
Rockawill-Textures like a 4 year old on paint